Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made this army because i love GK models and woudnt mind having another army to play when im not feeling my orks. I defeinitely went for keeping the $$$ down here cause i dont have a huge expandable income and also just picked the models i liked the most cause draigo and dreadknights are probably some of my favorites. Just wanted to know the practicality of the list as i am new to them. i also have 30 points floating around and am unsure where to put them

HQ

175-Castellan Crowe (Warlord)

Troops

213-Terminator Squad (3x force halberds and storm bolter, 1x with daemon hammer and storm bolter, 1x force halberd and psycannon, Justicar with force halberd and teleport homer)

213-Terminator Squad (3x force halberds and storm bolter, 1x with daemon hammer and storm bolter, 1x force halberd and psycannon, Justicar with force halberd and teleport homer)

Heavy Support

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy psycannon, personal teleporter)

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, personal teleporter)

Lords of War

245-Kaldor Draigo

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coming Along

Well from what I gathered. You are using models that you have and like so really there isn't much to say about your list in the regards to what should be done about it.

What I will state is that your list is rather casual

And my advice would be to change the load out on your terminator squads
so that at least one of them has a wardstave. It's cheap gives adamantium will and will go up to str 8 in close combat which will insta gibb anything without a 3+ or better save and even then still put the pressure on multi wound models with a 3+ save.

Other than Your coming along. I do think that you went a bit heavy on your dreadknight but seeing that this guy cost the same as what the previous dreadknight cost with essentially a *free* Greatsword and a *free* Heavy Psycannon really I can't say much along the lines as to why not to take it seeing that you wouldn't be able to put the points anywhere else anyways

All in All welcome to Gk and I hope you come to enjoy the greatest gifts of the GOD EMPEREOR :grin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Made this army because i love GK models and woudnt mind having another army to play when im not feeling my orks. I defeinitely went for keeping the $$$ down here cause i dont have a huge expandable income and also just picked the models i liked the most cause draigo and dreadknights are probably some of my favorites. Just wanted to know the practicality of the list as i am new to them. i also have 30 points floating around and am unsure where to put them

HQ

175-Castellan Crowe (Warlord)

Troops

Heavy Support

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy psycannon, personal teleporter)

205-Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Greatsword, Heavy Psycannon, personal teleporter)

Lords of War

245-Kaldor Draigo
Hmmm been thinking a bit recently about what do to with the new grey knights. I am coming from a purely competitive point of view in look at your list.

I assume you are going to be deep striking those Termis. The only problem I see is that after you have deep striked, your mobility will be a weakness, so its important that this is placed well. If you are up against a highly mobile army they may just run away which would be a serious issue. Your dread knights with Tele will help though.

The other problem will be your model count is low for a 1500 points. If someone packs to many ap2 weapons than that will cause you problems. However; you have dreadknights which will take a few shots. It means that your opponent will need to make more choices about who to kill with their ap1/2 weapons. Which is what I like.

With the new codex, I'm thinking that Grey knights work best as an ally. Their GKSS now really suck :-( which was one way you use to get 30 bodies up which was their best way to get up tons of fire power.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
GK list looks like a GK list to me, only thing it's missing is Ward Staves as has been said. You could find the points dropping some of those Psycannons down to Incinerators. You're going to be getting in close anyway, yeah? They work great on Overwatch, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts