Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to come up with 1.5K all comers list and have been reading peoples suggestions for standard lists. The problem is they are all 1850 or larger. None of the people I play with want to play armies that large. (Probably because it helps me more than them)

HQ
Coteaz 100
CCS 3 Plasma guns, Chimera Turret Autocannon 155

Troops
10 GKSS psybolt ammo 2 Psycannons, Rhino Searchlight. 281
10 GKSS psybolt ammo 2 Psycannons, Rhino Searchlight. 281
4 DCA c/w mauls and axes, 1 crusader Axe 75
10 Veterans 3 melta 100

Fast
Stormraven TL Las TL multimelta 205
Vendetta 2 Heavy Bolter sponsons 140

Heavy
Manticore 160

Total 1497

My thought was that Coteaz would buff one of the GKSS. The Henchmen would travel in the Raven and the Veterans would travel in the Vendetta. The Manticore supports everything.

Let me know what you think. I struggled with the points and I wasn't able to get everything I wanted. But isn't that always the struggle with GK.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
List looks fine, although normal chimeras can't take AC turrets- is this using forgeworld?

I personally don't like the HB on the Vendetta, but it's not awful. Not really sure what I'd drop it for though, so I guess it stays.

Stormraven is suboptimally build, but you don't really have the points to make it top notch, so this works. I prefer AC over lascannon, even without psyammo, but thats up to you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the AC on the chimera is FW. I thought about dropping it and the HB on the Vendetta and getting the 4th Plasma gun for the IG CCS. I thought this was the better build. 1500 points leaves you asking what you can give up. That's why the build on the Stormraven. I was focusing more on anti air with it since I can't affoard the HB.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If you're playing the FW list, then the autocannon is fine, and probably better than the plasma gun anyways, so keep it.

I understand that 1500pts is restrictive, but the assault cannon on the raven is better against most targets than a lascannon, 6 rending shots is pretty good at putting damage through against AV12, and is easily better than a lascannon against lower AV targets. Obviously the multimelta is good, so keep it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts