Scout Squad 1 w/ Power Fist, 4 Combat Blades

Scout Squad 2 w/ HB

Scout Squad 3 w/ Telion, ML, 3 snipers

FAST ATTACK:

LSS w/ HF

LSS

HEAVY SUPPORT:

LRC

Cassius goes with the Assault Termies in the LRC if you were wondering.

This leaves 230 points. Now ideally I would run three seperate LST w/ MM and HB to pulp armour, then infantry if they survive, but as I would have to run them in a squadron, this leaves them VERY vulnerable. I could use MM attack bikes, but they lose versatility, and are also easily shot down.

I could run Tigurius with the Terminator Squad (although the ability to use more than 1 psychic shooting attack would make him so much better) to land extra firepower, higher I attacks (especially with Quickening and MoA) and even 12" anti tank.

Or I could Give the LRC a MM, 2nd Scout Squad a PF, and a Drop Pod Dev Squad w/ 3 MM and 1 PC. Might not last more than a turn when it arrives, but will definately kill something.

Or MM up the LRC, PF the Sct Sgt, Camo Cloak the 3rd Sct Sq and take a Pred w TL LC, LC sponsons and EA. Ranged anti-tank. More survivable in some situations, but can be melted turn 1 in others. At least the Dev will get a guaranteed shot.

Last idea was to MM the LRC, PF the Sgt, take a single LRT (MM, HB) and a TLLC + ML Dreadnought. Bit of a glass jaw, but hard hitting.

Anyway, none of them seem the drop dead stunning 1st choices. Perhaps you could suggest something better. But I would like to know what you think would be the best choice:
1. Tigurius
2. MM, PF, Drop Pod Devs
3. MM, PF, TL LC, LC Sponson, EA Pred, CamoCs
4. MM, Dread (TL LC + ML), LST (HB, MM)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Personally I haven't had much success using Scouts in my armies. I would try adding some Tac Squads in Rhinos as they are a solid Troop choice and mobile. If you are using the scouts for fun, then by all means keep them (since the main idea of the game is to have fun.) Also, I don't think that Terminators can take a drop pod. I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they Deep Strike by teleporting onto the battlefield.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts