-Big Shoota
-Deff Rolla
-Boarding Plank

Battle Wagon - 120
-Big Shoota
-Deff Rolla
-Boarding plank

1500 Points.

This is an attempt to make Burnaz useful. It is my belief that they are the most underrated and underused units in the codex. Mostly because they can not find a place next to lootaz, nobz and meganobz.

The biggest problem I see is a lack of anti tank. which is why the boarding planks are there, they are a token effort but can be efftive in high numbers like this.

Burnaz can shoot out of the battlewagons if facing the hordes, 14 templates is devastating to IG, Orks, Nids... actually anyone. But where they really shine is in CC with the Warboss. Throw them at a unit of Marines, Firewarriors, Necron Warriors... anything with an armour save and they excel and yet no one uses them.

I am going up against IG tomorrow I can already feel the heat

·
4,491 Posts
Yes, they are devastating.
I have used them a few times, and they always impress me.
However, as i always play at 1500 points i seem to struggle to fit them in.
Taking them usually means i dont have enough Lootas in the list, or else im seriously lacking on Boyz.

Firstly, i wouldnt take any more than 1 unit of Burnas. You still need Lootas in the list.
Also, your use of a Battlewagon is very good. I have seen other people use Trukks (taken with a unit of Boyz, then Burnas jump in on 1st turn), however Burnas really need the extra protection that a Battlewagon gives.

Secondly, i would drop the Warbosses for a Big Mek with KFF. Your running a Mech list, and you really need that KFF.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The warbosses were a toss up for me.

They have Boss poles which I was using for the burnas so they would stick around a little longer. I think a KFF is better suited to this type of list, but not necessarily for the theme.

Hmmm. for my next list, burna footsloggers... just want to see of it can be done

·
4,491 Posts
Hmmm. for my next list, burna footsloggers... just want to see of it can be done
Sadly, not really.
It CAN be done, but not done well. :(

Regarding your strategy of using Burnas on the charge, i would advise against it.
They are much more effective dropping templates with rediculous numbers of hits than what they are in combat. And plus, they are better protected inside the vehicle.
If you could use the burnas and power weapons in the same turn then that strategy might be viable, but sadly thats not the case.
Whilst inside the Battlewagon, they can kill almost anything they touch with templates anyway, even Termies!

15 Burnas hitting say 4 out of 5 Termies.
60 hits
30 wounds
5 failed saves
Bye bye TH/SS Termies

(Obviously your opponent will never let you flame their Termies if they can help it, but just used the mathhammer as an example.)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, i may have trouble then. I prefer running foot slogging lists, I just find them more fun than watching my trukks blow up before my eyes.

A single battlewagon with lots of buggies and a KFF may be survivable, but not entirely.

I really wanted to run burnaz, but I am indeed having trouble writing the list. Which usually isn't a problem. Maybe I just need a little inspiration

·
4,491 Posts
15 Burnas
- Battlewagon 2BS/RPJ/DR

19 Boyz inc Nob/PK/BP
- Big Mek with KFF
- Battlewagon 2BS/RPJ/DR

19 Boyz inc Nob/PK/BP
- Big Mek with KFF
- Battlewagon 2BS/RPJ/DR

X Lootas

Trukka Boyz, Warbuggies, or more Lootas to taste.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but if I was going to make that list I would just be falling back on my old habits of the 3 BW lists which are just awesome no matter what you put in them. I would be running the risk of losing my originality, which I have found to be what wins me more games.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts