Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi i'm just starting an eldar army and I came up with this as my list of what to shoot for. Any C&C would be welcome. ::Edit:: I revised my list of the suggestions. I forgot a falcon counted as a HS and I'd like to keep the harlies because i always hear about how tactically challenging they are and i took out a fire prism i guess that was very over kill.

Fire Prism
holofield

Fire Prism
holofield

Farseer
Doom
Guide
Fortune
spirit stone
Rune of Witnessing
Rune of Warding

Dire Avenger x10
Exarch w/ Dual Shuricats and Bladestorm

Dire Avenger x10
Exarch w/ Dual Shuricats and Bladestorm

Pathfinders x5

Wave Serpent
spirit stone
Shuriken Catapult
TL BL

Harlequin x8
Harlequin Kiss x5
Shadowseer x1
Fusion Pistol x2

Eldrad Ulthran

·
Registered
670 Posts
Fire prisms are always good but you don't need spirit stones because you don't need to move as you're hanging at the back of the table. Holo fields are ok though.

Never fancies bladestorm, I'd always want to fire each turn tbh. Each to their own I guess. Problem is these guys are on foot so will be slow and only have a 4+ save so can get taken out pretty easily.

Falcon is a bit messed up. You don't need spirit stones really and best keep with S6 weaponry giving you an over all S6 gun boat, so shuri cannon and scatter lasers.

I don't rate the clowns. They can get gunned down when in range and only have a 5+ invulnerable to keep them alive and they're a small unit too.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I would look at dropping the Harle's and a Prism and try to squeeze in 2 wave serpents for your DA squads.

You cannot TL BL on a falcon. You only get one BL and with the low BS it is a waste of points in my opinion. The EML works better because you can use it as a str 8 or a str 4 def weapon if you move.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Well, since the list currently does have 4 HS choices in it you will need to drop one to make it legal. Might as well be a Fire Prism, as all you really need with those is 2.

It looks like you have that Falcon lined up for the Harlies and possibly Eldrad (though he may be hitching a ride with Dire Avengers). If this is the case then you probably won't be needing a Shadowseer. Granted he would still be of service so you don't just get caught in the open after winning a round of combat, but you are not likely to sweep through a unit with a squad that size. In all likelihood, if they survive you will be able to Hit and Run your way around without relying on the Shadowseer.

While it is important to note that the BL of a Falcon isn't twin-linked, it does allow you three S 8 AP 2 shots from that gunboat.

Also, with the inclusion of a Shadowseer your Troops become more in need of a Transports protection than your Elite does.

Blade Storm is fine, people tend to forget you don't have to use it until you need it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts