Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been playing Dark Angels for years and I'm putting together a Chaos army. I've made it Fallen Angels Themed. Here's what we have so far.

HQ
Lord - 110
Lightning Claws
Mark of Slaanesh

Troops
Noise Marines x 10 240
Blastermaster x 2

Noise Marines x 10 240
Blastermaster x 2

Cultist (Shooty) x10 55
Heavy Stubber

Cultist (melee) x 29 172
CCW x 27
Flamer x 2

Fast
Heldrake 170
Hadesautocannon

Heldrake 170
Hadesautocannon

Heavy
Forgefiend 175
Hadesautocannons

Forgefiend 175
Hadesautocannons

Total ~1500

The Lord goes with the Cultest Swarm. And they just charge something. The Noise Marines go mid field support and are mobile scoring units. Forgefiend and Heldrake give the list much needed str 8 saturation and fire support.

edit: The Heldrakes are converted Neph Jet Fighters. I'll post pics when I get one painted.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I'd use Baleflamers on the Heldrakes. You need the AP3 that the flamers give you, and they can just rip fliers out of the sky instead of shooting them down. The Forgefiends give you more than enough hades firepower.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My meta is a lot of Non Marines. Closest thing in my meta to Marines is Sisters and those fold to anything melee and are heavy mech. If I really need AP3 I can switch out the Hadesauto cannon for baleflamers they're magnetized anyways.

Plus I love the conversion I did on the Heldrake when it has the hadesautocannon it looks nicer.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Fair enough. However, something else you said: The Lord and the Cultists just charge something.

That's a very, VERY long walk before they charge anything. You have no transports, no way of getting anything to the other side of the table.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been playing a similar list with Khorne Berserkers instead of Noise marines and I use the saved points to Khorne Mark the Cultists. The blob acts as a fire magnet. If just a few of them get to hand to hand they smash the unit I hit. The lord usually kills what ever they charge. but they're just there to screen things I actually care about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts