Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, got a tournament in November, my list isnt really a competitive list but an all rounder, but im posting it just to see what you guys think. So:

HERO's

Warrior Preist (general)
Great Weapon
Armour of meteoric iron

Wizard
Level 2
Dispel scroll
Lore of Fire

Captain
BSB
Full Plate

- HERO TOTAL: 325

CORE
20x Swordsmen
Full Command

20x Halberdiers
Full Command

20x Handgunners

10x Knights
Full Command

CORE TOTAL: 695

SPECIAL

20x Greatswords
Full Command

Cannon

Mortar

Mortar

SPECIAL TOTAL: 480

Ok, so i know im missing out on the Empire strength of detachments, wizard is going to be used another missile battery, although not a gunline, im going to use the tactics, sit back and bring the enemy to me then counter charge etc.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I think with only a level 2 wizard to play with you'd be more competative adding in a few longrifles allowing you to character snipe the enemy wizards so you could dominate the magic phase.
I'd consider trying your combat units at 25 rather than 20 as the extra rank will make the difference especially if your opponnents try and horde up.
To find the points for this I'd probably drop the knights but thats just my preferance.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of dropping the knights, i could increase the combat units and probably fit in a unit of Pistoliers... thanks for pointing that out i will have a look into re jigging the list about.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Drop the knights and add more state troops you are dangerously low on inantry for empire. Plus your missing detachments. And no rare stuff. Drop one or both the mortars and add a helstorm and some sword detachments.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Sorry for posting on a week old thread but this List didn't look like it recieved enough love. :grin:

Hi Guys, got a tournament in November, my list isnt really a competitive list but an all rounder, but im posting it just to see what you guys think. So:

HERO's

Warrior Preist (general)
Great Weapon
Armour of meteoric iron

Solid

Wizard
Level 2
Dispel scroll
Lore of Fire

Are you sure about lore of fire? I would go with something like lore of life as its far more reliable as you are getting lots of solid of buffs. I haven't read much about the new lore of fire but a lot of the spells rely on D6 etc which means you can have turns where u get a little unlucky. Also certain lores are better vs certain armies lore of life is always good as it effects your army which means it will always work.

Captain
BSB
Full Plate

Maybe an enchanted shield for extra defence, points permitting ofcourse

- HERO TOTAL: 325

CORE
20x Swordsmen
Full Command

Not sure what to say here , really they need to be a minimum of 25-30 to stop you panicking all the time.

20x Halberdiers
Full Command

Get these guys up to 40 and stick the warrior priest in here. More attacks means more rerolls due to hatred. This will also give you a solid anvil for the swordsmen to flank.

20x Handgunners

Aren't 2 unit of 10 better than one unit of 20? This way you get more choices.

10x Knights
Full Command

I'm really not sure what to say about knights anymore , they took a hard hit in 8th , they can't do front charges and if they take one casulty they can't gain any bonus for flanking. If it were up to me i would swap them for more infantry.

CORE TOTAL: 695

SPECIAL

20x Greatswords
Full Command

Greatswords are actually a decent unit , never thought i would say that in my life after 7th :p. Anyway i would buff them up a little , a 4+ save only goes so far.

Cannon

Mortar

Mortar

SPECIAL TOTAL: 480

Ok, so i know im missing out on the Empire strength of detachments, wizard is going to be used another missile battery, although not a gunline, im going to use the tactics, sit back and bring the enemy to me then counter charge etc.

Let me know what you think.
Perhaps if you removed the knights you could fund upgrades for other units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts