Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello well this is my first army list and the thing is that i am against two chaos players and a necron player (1v1v1v1) so if anyone can give me a better hint into facing all three.

Hq

farseer with singing spear, runes of warding, runes of witnessing spirit stones
and doom, fotune, guide, fotune 133p
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

troops

10 dire avengers
exarch with pw and shimmershield and defend, bladestorm 177p

10 guardians
with scatter laser 95p
-------------------------------------------------------------------
elites
10 striking scorpions
exarch with s.c, shadowstrike, and stalker 212

wave serpent with bright lances, vectored engines, star engines 170

10 harlequins
2 with harlequin kiss and 2 with fusion pistols
troupe master with p.w
shadowseer 258p
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
heavy support
3 support weapon battery with d-cannons 150p

wraithlord with e.m.l. and wraithsword 115p

fire prism with shuriken, vectored engines, holo-fields 155

1505points

so if you guys can tell me what you think it would be appreciated

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'm not very versed as an Elder Player however I do play a MEQ army and the Striking Scorpions just aren't as effective as the Banshees (against MEQs). Granted they get alot of attacks but the Banshees strike first and cleave through the power armor. Additionally you utilize DOOM on the Unit they charge and there is nothing left of your MEQs. The power weapons will keep those Necrons down as long as there isn't a RES ORB close to the unit you charge, even if their is it still takes away one of their two armor saves. Thats about all the input I have, the rest of the list would be pretty effective against my BAs. Hope this helps, good luck.

·
Registered
275 Posts
looks pritygud really BUT your points of your farseer are WELL out, as the powers alone are over 100 points and you have all the wargear as well its probly over 200 (no codex to hand)

martin

·
Registered
202 Posts
Banshees are good against armies with low armor saves, while the Scorpions are better with large higher aves units.

As for the list, what would you be going up against? I ask that because the Eldar are so specialized and they have a weapon and unit for every situation.

I would however suggest getting a Vyper or two and adding more Guardians to that unit.

Overall looks good.:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Banshees are good against armies with low armor saves, while the Scorpions are better with large higher aves units.

QUOTE]
I concur Banshees would be the more effective (this is coming from someone has been attacked by them).
other than that pretty good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what i would be going against is necrons which he always fields is the doom bringer and two chaos, one is thousand suns which he always fields obliteraters and khorne hes always different, and yea i did see the farseer so ill change him alittle

·
Registered
202 Posts
Necron, 1ksons and khorne huh, I'd go with as many jetbikes and Vypers as I could. Made some Dark Reapers (they tend to kill lots of marines). I'd also swap the Avatar for another Farseer, mabe even Eldrad. I say this because the Avatar is going to be a walking target and you could use another farseer casting Doom on those bothersome units.

The one thing that you;re army has that those don't is the vast majority of the army is highly mobile, so you can use that to help dictate when and were a fight will happen. You can also use this tactic to herd the enemy so you're more specialized units can get the charge or shoot first.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
dont take jetbikes against thousand suns as the new rules mean you are hit and killed on three plus which for an expensive unit like bikes is a killer you need plenty of vehicles so you can pick and choose which unit to destroy one at a time, unfortunately this tactic wont work against necrons and is evens against khorne both these armies need lots of shooting

·
Registered
599 Posts
Also your mobility is greater than that of your foes.
in a 4 way ffa battle you simply run away and choose your battles and let the others kill themselves...tiss the eldar way.

transports, grav tanks and some bikes would be a good thing.

·
Registered
275 Posts
dont take jetbikes against thousand suns as the new rules mean you are hit and killed on three plus
firstly they have to beable to see them, if you are using eldar jetbikes right this hould never happen have range of 24 bolters which should also not beable to touch them. and they will need a 3+ then a 4+ to kill them and there only 22 points each cheaper than 1 thousandson lol

JETBIKES FTW lol

if there are all your going to play my anti meq would be like.

2 farseers, doom, spear, bike
1 harlie unit
1 big banshee unit in waveserpent
6 jetbikes with cannon
4 vypers with dual shurken cannons
2 full units of reapers with exarch - tempest launcher and crack shot
1 falcon, starcannon, shurken , tooled up (for harlies)

martin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts