Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An attempt at an infantry based eldar list trying to be a bit different from all the skimmer based lists i see around at the mo.

Eldrad
8 Warlocks 2 singing spears [embolden, enhance]

10 Guardians with Scatterlaser
10 Guardains with scatterlaser
5 Pathfinders
5 Pathfinders

Wraithlord with Brightlance, Eldar missile launcher
Wraithlord with Brightlance, Eldar missile launcher
5 Darkreapers inc Exarch with EML[fastshot]

6 Warpspiders

·
Registered
141 Posts
hmmm...8 warlocks. that a lot of points for ok soldiers. Im not sure about you but to me infantry armies swarm. (check mine out its got some bodies 4 its points) i would drop some warlocks for some guardians with EML or another scatter laser. also, give the guardians a warlock with conceal. it saves them from meny a painfull death. well that all..im outa here. l8r! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Swap the warlocks for an Avatar. Add a Warlock to your guardians to babysit the Wraithlords and swap the dark reapers for 2 vibros !

·
Registered
141 Posts
you could do that, or you could drop 2 warlocks and a squad of pathfinders for another guardian squad with a scatter laser and move 3 of the remaining warlocks to the guardian squads (giving them all conceal to keep them alive much longer) i konw its aobut wut u said, but it has a twist, and it lets you get the warlocks spread out a bit more to make a protective net for your WL (kinda like the nids do with synapse)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Warlocks aren't ok troops there superb. When used in numbers they take a hell of a lot of shooting to take out, with fortune cast on them everyturn they have a 75% prob of saving anything thrown at them. when they get into combat thanks to enhance and witchblades against most opps they are hitting on 3's and wounding on 2's striking first. they are really good at taking down mc's, tanks etc. My preferable way of using them is jetbikes but this is a Infantry styled list so footsloggers work well enough and are cheaper so you can add more bodies.

Agree that the wraithlords need babysitters though, probably dropping the reapers for vibros would free up the points to give them warlocks in the guardians.

dropping pathfinders for guardians is an unlikely swap as pathfinders are generally much better.

·
Registered
141 Posts
well pathfinders have their ups and downs, in terrain they are deffinately awesome, but they have fewer shots and bodies for their points compared to the guardians and even the dire avengers. personally im sick of being outnumbered as a SM so i like as many bodies as possible as survivable as possible.

as for the warlocks, if you like them, use them. i just have never taken a liking to them.

we obviously have VERY different playing styles and preferences, but i guess that gonna make being eldar more fun, i dont know about u but i luv different views.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts