Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So my girlfriend is starting in the world of 40k for the 1st time and she's selected Eldar. Now I've not got any experience with them but I've put a 1500 point list. I want the list to be powerful enough to be able to compete with Tau lists but at the same time it's not 100% serious and uses units that she likes a.k.a Guardians and the Farseer.

Farseer, Spirit Stone, Singing Spear

x5 Warithguard, D sythes, Wave Serpent

x10 Guardian Defenders, Warlock, Scatter Laser
x10 Guardian Defenders
x10 Dire Avengers, Wave Serpent
x 6 Windriders, Scatter Laser, warlock, singing spear

Vyper, Shuriken cannon

Wraithknight, Wraithcannons, Scatter laser

Total: 1497pts

·
Registered
358 Posts
depends what your after

warp spiders movment and flank attacks
fire dragon - anti tank
swooping hawks - anti air
dire avengers - anti MC
reaper - anti anythink with a 3+ armor or worse
scorpions - for long fights
banshee - for shock troops

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think the D-scythes has their place. I would add one more since it fits in the Serpent. Ditch one guardian squad to afford the sixth Guard and add some upgrades to the serpents and give the farseer a jetbike. I don't see what you're gonna do with that vyper aswell.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yes d-scythes are strong but there too many points in an army of this size and they will get 1 shot off and be killed aspects can get the job done just as well for cheaper

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It'll be against Tau, so there will be riptides, a Ghostkeel, and broadsides. I need a unit that can deal with those kinds of threats along side the knight.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
could drop the guard and warlock on the wind riders and move the DA into an aspect host with X10 swooping hawks with hawks claw and 5 warp spiders + an EML and a warlock for the other guardian squad?

·
Registered
358 Posts
they all have toughness value so to be fair d-scythes not goin to do what u want u ether want wraithcannons , melta mono or just alot of bladestorm

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Yeah as Loki says you want the D-cannons against those. You will struggle though to get into range. Reapers with starshotmissles would do some damaged from a distance. Outflank some scorpions to swamp them in Melee.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I've mixed the list up a bit, dropping the Wraith Guard for something like this:

Farseer, Spirit Stone, Singing spear, jet bike

x10 Guardian Defenders, Warlock, EML
x10 Guardian Defenders
x9 Dire Avengers, Exarch, power sword + shimmer shield
x 6 Windriders, Scatter Laser, warlock, singing spear

Wraithknight, glaive, Scatter laser

Aspect host +1BS :
X9 Swooping Hawks + Exarch with Hawks Talon
X5 Warpspiders + Exarch
X5 Warpspiders + Exarch

Total: 1495

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
If Tau is your main enemy I don't think guardians or Hawks will do much. Atleast
Give both guardians EML and change the hawks for reapers. Without a Wave Sepent the DA willbe shot to bitz before coming into range. You could change them aswell to free points for more of the other aspects. A second farseer would also do. Hope to roll Mind War and go for their big guys.

·
Registered
358 Posts
i agree mostly i think the haywire nades from the hawks will come in handle if used right but that would depend on your skill lv but reapers are my favs so always a good shout
the only other thing i would say is that 20 pts for the shimmer shield is alot and could be used on somthin else coz its only a 5++ and the str3 power wep is useless

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think your both forgetting that using hawks if you deepstrike with an exarch & at least 5 hawks you get to put a 5" ignore cover pie plate anywhere within 24" of the hawks so its very useful in hitting troops in cover

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I think your both forgetting that using hawks if you deepstrike with an exarch & at least 5 hawks you get to put a 5" ignore cover pie plate anywhere within 24" of the hawks so its very useful in hitting troops in cover

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yeah but against bigger threats that seams to be the meta here they don't do much. And they will sadly be esten for starters by the riptide's intercepting pieplate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts