210-Wraithguard w/D scythes
160-Wave Serpent w/Scatterlaser+Cannon, Star Engine, Holofield
210-Wraithguard w/D scythes
Heavy Support
90-3 Vibro Cannon Support Platforms
300-Wraithknight w/Suncannon, 1 scatter laser

the idea will be to have the platforms sit in the back in cover with the farseer. getting guide+prescience to reroll hits and act as AT

The bikes stay in reserves to contest late game/harass late game

The guard+ 1 seer boost up first turn to have a nice 3+ cover and get into range to start flaming things.

The serpents act as good anti horde/ light vehicles

The knight moves mid field to keep fire off the platforms and shoot its hopefully twin linked shots at light tanks and heavy infantry, maybe smash some vehicles in assault as well.

flyers might be a problem, but there are very few flyers in my meta and with all the twin linked shots in the army they should be able to bring them down.

any CC is appreciated, only have the farseer and a serpent so Im trying to work out a list before buying.
even "its good" / "it sucks" is fine :D

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
I'd take Swordguard over a second squad of Scytheguard because they benefit far more from the Spiritseer buffs and gives you a melee threat of some kind. That'll give you the points to add cannons to the Jetbikes - 10pts per cannon is a steal with their new BS4 and pseudo-rending.

I'm completely unsold on the Wraithknight as a good addition to our army, I'd rather spend 300pts on a lot more firepower (such as a squadron and a half of Walkers) but if you're dead set on using it, don't let me stop you. :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
updated

HQ
105-Farseer w/Spear
70-Spirit Seer
Troops
61-3 Jetbikes w/cannon
61-3 Jetbikes w/cannon
78-4 Jetbikes w/cannon
210-5 Wraithguard w/D scythes
160-5 Wraithblades w/swords
Heavy Support
255-3 War walkers w/Scatter+Brightlance, Holofields

took the warwalkers and kitted them to sit in some area terrain and fire on any av 14ish vehicles with the lances
added a 4 man bikes squad for additional harass and capture objectives

switched the 1 d-scythe squads for wraithblades, i figure id run them with blades, they wont be fight terminators very often so the invuln/ap 2 isnt needed. the d-scythes will be used for termies.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
updated
switched the 1 d-scythe squads for wraithblades, i figure id run them with blades, they wont be fight terminators very often so the invuln/ap 2 isnt needed. the d-scythes will be used for termies.
Wraith-type units should never be fighting Terminators if you can help it - they're weak to high strength, low AP attacks (like hammers/fists), don't have a lot of attacks (can't get through storm shields), and don't have a decent invul.

Our new AP2 on everything Shuriken, on the other hand... :eek:k:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wraith-type units should never be fighting Terminators if you can help it - they're weak to high strength, low AP attacks (like hammers/fists), don't have a lot of attacks (can't get through storm shields), and don't have a decent invul.

Our new AP2 on everything Shuriken, on the other hand... :eek:k:
i was planning on using the guard to flamer termies not assualt them. its pretty easy to just cover a termie squad in the flamers which is conservatively like 15-20 hits which is about 3-4 dead termies in shooting and another 1-2 dead if the charge on their turn

·
Registered
275 Posts
D-scythes can probably deal quite well with TEQ/MEQ, and with hordes like any other flamer. I'd say go double of them if you have the points for it, not much will want to charge them for the D3 overwatch from a template weapon and with a little psychic support they'll do some serious damage :victory: so imo you don't need a CC unit, those wraithguards are tough to take down and brings you more fire power to the field as well!

Why on earth go scatter lasers and bright lances on war walkers?? They're not cumulative in that sense that they are designed for anti horde/light armour or anti high armour! sure the scatter laser makes them twin-linked but you're better of just taking two bright lances, especially if you want them for AV14 vehicles :wink:

My two cents :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i guess 6 bright lance > 3 TL bright lances ill have to switch that. I could re-add the 2nd scytheguard but id probably drop the 4 man biker squad for it and maybe get some more upgrades on the walkers with the extra points

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good list. Do people generally think it's essential to use wave serpents or could wraithguard footslog with battle focus from the spiritseers?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts