Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ:
Autarch (sending him with the DA)
Forceshield, Mandiblaster, Power Weapon, Shuriken pistol, Avenger S-Catapult, Haywire grenades, plasma grenades
92 Points

Farseer (sending him with the Banshees)
Ghost Helm, Psyker, Rune Armor, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade
Fortune and Mind War
150 Points

Elites: (8 Harlies, 6 Banshees, 6 Scorps)
Harlequin Troupe, CCW x5, Harlequin's Kiss x1, Fusion Pistol x1, Shuriken Pistol x5
+Harlequin Death Jester, Harlequin Shrieker Cannon
+Harlequin Shadow Seer, CCW and Shuriken Pistol, Veil of Tears
+Harlequin Troupe Master, CCW and Shuriken Pistol
236 points

Howling Banshees, Power weapon x5, Shuriken pistol x5
+Exarch, War Shout, Acrobatic, Executioner
128 points

Striking Scorpions, Scorpion Chainsword x5, Shuriken Pistol x5, Plasma Grenades.
+Exarch, Shadowstrike, Stalker, Shuriken Pistol, Biting Blade
(I infiltrate these guys)
138 Points

Troops: (10 DA, 15 Guardians)
Dire Avengers, Avenger Shuriken Catapult x9
+Exarch, Bladestorm, Defend, power Weapon, Shimmershield
177 Points

Guardian Defenders, Shuriken Catapults x14, Weapon Platform (scatter laser)x1,
+Warlock with Conceal.
167 points

Heavy Support: (5 Reapers) *edited
Dark Reapers x4
+Exarch, Crack Shot, Fast Shot, Missile Launcher
227 Points

Fast Attack: (6 Spiders)
Warp Spiders, Death Spinners x5
+Exarch, Suprise Assault, Powerblades, Deathspinners x2
184 points

Total 1499 Points

Our league tends to not field any tanks/ vehix, so I'm going along with this local tradition.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't have a the time right now to get into the specifics, but the one thing I noticed is just a simple numerical error. Dark Reapers have a max of 5 models, including the exarch. Taking an exarch doesn't add a model to the squad, it simply upgrades one of the existing.

The other thing is the Death Jester is a waste of points. Any turn the Harlies aren't in combat and aren't fleeting probably means they're going to die. Stopping to shoot is a bad idea.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Elchimpster said:
HQ:
Forceshield, Mandiblaster, Power Weapon, Shuriken pistol, Avenger S-Catapult, Haywire grenades, plasma grenades
92 Points
Ok not a bad hq

Ghost Helm, Psyker, Rune Armor, Runes of Warding, Runes of Witnessing, Spirit Stones, Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade
Fortune and Mind War
150 Points
Don't need the runes of warding or mind war. Drop the runes and trade mindwar for doom

Harlequin Troupe, CCW x5, Harlequin's Kiss x1, Fusion Pistol x1, Shuriken Pistol x5
236 points
NICE

128 points
Give thes chicks a ride so the farseer can be pimpin in the back w/ them. lol

Striking Scorpions, Scorpion Chainsword x5, Shuriken Pistol x5, Plasma Grenades.
138 Points
Ok scorps are good for the #$'s of attks small squads don't cut it. Bump um up to 8 strong at least

177 Points
ok

+Warlock with Conceal.
167 points
Nice

Dark Reapers x4
227 Points
Ok don't need the crack shot especially w/ the Eml cause u cant use crack and fast shot in the same turn

184 points
Drop the powerblades. If ur in CC with that few units u'll prollu lose anyway
Total 1499 Points

Ok if ur league generally dosen't field tanks chances are people won't have the firepower to deal w/ them drop the reapers for a tooled out falcon.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Farseer Ryan said:
Ok if ur league generally dosen't field tanks chances are people won't have the firepower to deal w/ them drop the reapers for a tooled out falcon.
You mean, take something, in this case a tank, because nobody has the firepower to fight tanks?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Alright, let's take a look:

HQ:
92 Points

This is where people mess up with Autarchs. Slapping all those wonderful things on him at the same time does not work. Like all other Eldar, specialize. This guy would be much better suited if you stuck him in with the Banshees. Normally I'd say that putting a Catapult on the Autarch is a supreme waste of points, but since you don't have to worry about armour, it's acceptable.

Fortune and Mind War
150 Points

Drop the Runes of Warding, but keep Witnessing. Farseers can get instakilled by warp beasts now. Try to prevent that. That said, I'd take Guide and Doom, because that coupled with Dire Avengers is downright nasty. Seriously consider that.

236 points

Troupe Masters get a free Kiss. Take it. Drop the Jester, take more Kisses. Not all of them, because it's pretty lame. Just one or two more, I'd say.

128 points

Banshees - Serpent = Dead Banshees. I understand you're playing with no armour though, so I implore you to play it incredibly safe, or you'll find 128 points dead in a single turn of shooting. If you can, beef up this squad. The more the merrier, and also the less dead. Attach the Autarch here for added punch.

138 Points

Drop Stalker, add more bodies. 8 strong, preferably.

177 Points

Solid choice, since you're hoofing it.

+Warlock with Conceal.
167 points

Okay, I guess. Only spot for heavy weapons.

Dark Reapers x4
227 Points

I figure you're taking the EML because you can't anywhere else. If that weren't the case, I'd tell you to drop the Exarch and just keep it to four Reapers. They do the job just as well, minus 2 shots, and cheaper. If you're keeping it this way, drop Crack Shot. Fast Shot + EML = death. You shouldn't really have trouble with wounds, all things considered.

184 points

Drop the Powerblades. If the Spiders get into combat without you intentionally charging, you're using them wrong. Surprise Assault could go either way. It's fairly unnecessary due to the JSJ nature of the Spiders, plus their 12" movement rate. Your call though. Just trying to save you points to allocate elsewhere. Also consider beefing the squad up more. Massed fire from these guys creates a huge thorn in your enemy's foot, and again, with the JSJ nature of the Spiders, they're an incredibly potent harassment unit.

Total 1499 Points

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've done some tweaking, made the Autarch a pop-in-and-out power weapon/ fusion gun guy. Autarch w/ Power Weapon, Mandiblaster, Fusion Gun.
The ability to jump in with a power weapon (WS6) or the heavy-hitting fusion gun is too much to pass up.

I'm dropping the Death Jester, no point when I can get another CC monkey for cheaper (and they really shouldn't be standing and shooting anywhere.) I'll pick up another Harlequin's Kiss as well.

I'm likely going to add a couple Banshee's t beef up the squad. The Farseer goes here so he can use Fortune on them, keeps them alive longer (and they are usually set up right alongside the harlequins, so the enemy has a choice to make, which one to shoot at [most likely the Harlequins] so far their survivability has been good.

Our league may go up to a higher point army list, at which point I'll be adding more Scorps. We end up playing a lot of Cities of Death, so Stalker is VERY useful, and I'd hate to part with it.

Don't really need crack shot for the Dark Reapers.

I use the powerblades on the Warp Spider Exarch because that's what he's got on the figure. Maybe if I use simply a warp spider mini for the exarch. Dunno.

Thanks for the advice.
We'll see how it pans out.
Should be good though, these guys were pretty hard hitting as-is last night.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah, definitely. The list looked pretty solid to start with. Just some minor tweaks here or there.

So for your Autarch, are you going to give him Wings or a Jump Generator? That's usually a nasty surprise, sticking a Fusion Gun in a Spider squad.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jump Generator. Sneaking along with the Spiders.

I'm using the WS as secondary assault guys, maybe jump in and assist when another unit is getting owned.

Mangled some terminators last night.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The only reason I'd be hesitant to send the Spiders into combat is because casualties can come pretty quickly and that's 22 points a model for something relatively weak.

Counter assault unit definitely works well though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts