wave serpent w/TL brightlance + spirit stones, vectored engines

10x Dire Avengers w/exarch + bladestorm
wave serpent w/TL brightlance + spirit stones, vectored engines

Elites:
6x Fire Dragons

Fast Attack:
8 Warpspiders w/exarch withdraw

Heavy Support:
Falcon with Star Cannon, Shuriken Cannon + spirit stones, vectored engines, holo field

Fire Prisim + spirit stones, holo field
Fire Prisim + spirit stones, holo field

Since the new codex came out this list is undefeated, vs some very tough opponents. How do you think it would do at the Gt. I really can't see myself ever losing a game with them. I think its 15 games now, though it could be more, all against different opponents.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
According to your siggie, i cant respond as you havent given me the opinion yet. :lol:

But, anywho.

I'd say its an nice list, but im suprised that you say u have done so well without some more kind of CC protection.

The mindwar on the Farseer was a good choice, though.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Anphicar said:
According to your siggie, i cant respond as you havent given me the opinion yet. :lol:

But, anywho.
LOL

I'd say its an nice list, but im suprised that you say u have done so well without some more kind of CC protection.

I agree, who have you batled with it?[/quote]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lord Sinkoran said:

I agree, who have you batled with it?
[/quote]

Why would the list need cc protection, they have fast skimmer tanks. thats all the protection it needs. How are they going to engage you in cc when you can move 12" and turn whilst firing OR 24" if anything looks scary enough that it may bother you. Mindwar helps snipe Chaplains from units or libbies when it gets the chance. Also doing a few wounds to MC's daemon princes etc. but really the Farseer forfills a HQ slot and can pop tanks quite nicely. Doom is GREAT, even with high strength weaponry.

I've played everyone i can, granted some of them were complete muppets who don't know one end of a tape measure to the other, but i help them out if thats the case, or let others who know what there doing gives pointers. Even Players like me had to start someplace afterall. But i have played some very good players as well, including GW shop staff and my local store manager, and a guy in the store who used DE against me and apparently has finished top 10 at every gt his been in. That was the hardest game i played, but then i just hid and there was little he could do. I came out giving little line of site and wiped out anything i could see. He had 6 squads of warriors having 8 darklances and 4 splinter cannons, + some raiders and ravenors.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Farsight thinks it looks like 1500 free VPs :) But then, he thinks that about every Eldar Mech list.

I'm not convinced by the Dire Avengers, even with the bladestorm upgrade, but MechEldar will always be strong in missions. I think it could do very well.

·
Registered
137 Posts
jigplums said:
just out of interest, what is it that makes the Farsight council good vs mech eldar? Missile pod spam?
Yup. Eldar tanks might be hard to kill with holofields and vectored engines, but they're damn easy to stop shooting each turn. The farsight council does it quite well as its BS4 with pods....which ain't pretty!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats why i stick with the brightlances on the serpents, they work well as a back up too the prisms/falcon as 5 targets are better than 1. That way you can start to ping there tanks to stop them shooting as something should be firing each turn. I've never played a farsight list, so maybe thats one i should look out for, but ive done well against a few regular mech/hybrid tau lists.

·
Registered
138 Posts
plus s6 can glance from all the plasma can glance as well.

In the Council list there are only 12 models other than drones, that don't have a weapon capable of glancing the falcon or wave serpent.

Normal battlesuit Tau might do even better than Farsight, as the army lacks CC and they can cover lines of approach more effectively.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.