Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my brother has recently been running this army and has gone 9-2 in tournaments with it. What do ya'll think of this weird army, and any ideas to make it better?

HQ:
Master of the Forge 100
x3 servitors 40

Troops
10x tactical squad w/ HB, FL 170

Elites:
Dreadnought w/ LC, ML 145

Heavy:
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ HF, SB 140
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ HF, SB 140
Ironclad Dreadnought w/ melta, SB 135

Total 150

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well, actually, that seems like it would work pretty well... maybe fine tune it up to fight the armies he's lost to specifically? If you could say which those are, that'd be helpful.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's lost to a anti-tank space wolve (Stupid devastors) and a Ork Hoard I believe. He's thinking about taking out a tactical squad and throwing in a scout bike squad and making the ironclads into venerable

·
Registered
34 Posts
That seems like a good plan; the bikes will provide more mobility, which is helpful against pretty much anyone, and the venerables also seem like a good idea. The Devastators would be difficult to defeat with a Dread-based force, unless you got a lot of Autocannons or something else to take them all out. Same kinda with the Orks. So, maybe you'd also want to think of putting in more weapons with higher shots and better range? A few Heavy Bolters would help too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what about some squezzing in like 2 drop pods 2 the dreads are good but very slow you might need a way of getting them in to combat or in better positions faster i mean with my blood angels id have half your army gone befor you go any where closes to me

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I tend to play very shooty marines... So the list above would not seem too daunting since once I drop the TL/ML dreads, you run out of things to really hurt mech... If the ironclads are walking, I should have a turn at least before I have to deal with them.

I think if you were to change the load out on your tacs to just take the free ML, then it would pack more AT punch.

Also, I imagine a vulcan list would be tough...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To be honest i don't know how my brother does it. He may have a strategy he uses. But the automatic repair from the master of the forge seems to help a bunch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts