Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After deciding to create my own chapter of space marines, I have tried many lists to try and get an idea of what I want to play. My goal is to have a balanced list that I can play against any army and at least have a chance of winning. Recently I have been using lists with Vulkan, and have had good results. Anyways, here is the most recent list I have made. Tell me what you think. Comments and advice are most welcome.

HQ:
Great Wyrm Zaccheus Thorne[Vulkan] 190

TROOPS:
10 man Tac Squad 255
Meltagun, ML, PF, Combi-Flamer
Rhino w/Hunter Killer Missile

10 man Tac Squad 255
Meltagun, ML, PF, Combi-Flamer
Rhino w/Hunter Killer Missile

10 man Tac Squad 205
Flamer, MM, PF, Combi-Melta

ELITES:
6 man Sternguard Squad 265
PF, Combi-FlamerX2, Combi-Melta
Razorback w/Twin-Linked Lascannon

FAST ATTACK:
Landspeeder 70
MM, HF

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Land Raider 260
MM

Vulkan and the Tac Squad w/o a transport go in the Land Raider.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd do one less tac squad (seems a lot of scoring units for total points) and no land raider, add one meltagun and 2 more combi-meltas to the sternguard. Combat squad a tac and put vulcan in the rhino. Add two heavy supports of the same thing, vindicators, predators, dreads (with-w/o drop pods?). or something you might prefer or already own. Land raider seems a big target for this list and likely to be picked off vs. a good opposing army, where I don't see a huge retaliation force, say, if you plan on the land raider being shot down to buy some time for others to make their way in.

Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Isarofeen. So far I have only been playing against my buddy who plays Imperial Guard. He usually spends a lot of his firepower shooting at the Land Raider, but it has been more reliable in getting my troops across the board to get at him than rhinos. I would consider a vindicator or predator, but I don't own one. I haven't had the best of luck using Dreads against him either.

Any other help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts