Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HQ
[260 pts] Brother Captain (4 GKT retinue, Incinerator)

Elite
[260 pts] 5 GKT (incinerator)
[85 pts] Inquisitor (2 Mystics, Rhino (Smoke Launchers))

Troops
[128 pts] 5 Storm Troopers (2 Melta, Rhino (Extra Armor, Smoke Launcher))
[128 pts] 5 Storm Troopers (2 Melta, Rhino (Extra Armor, Smoke Launcher))
[123 pts] 5 Storm Troopers (2 Melta, Rhino (Smoke Launcher)

Heavy Support
[258 pts] Land Raider Crusader (Smoke Launcher)
[258 pts] Land Raider Crusader (Smoke Launcher)

Total: 1500 points.

---------> anyone have any tips or anything to improve this list or change it??

·
Registered
207 Posts
To be honest, running 2 LRCs in a 1500 point game is ridiculous. You have invested too many points in special units and havent focused on your troops. If you played capture and control, I would simply kill off the wimpy 5 man Stormtrooper squads and deny you any objectives. Drop the LRC and move your GKs to troop choice. DSing GKs isnt even that great

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
It's a very good all-comers list..I know because I run an almost exact copy of it, and the 2 LRC's are great force multipliers. I would drop the EA and whatever else to get a MM Servitor or some meltaguns into the Inq's Rhino personally, but other than that it's good to go.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Actually, two landraiders in a 1500 point list for Grey Knights is not crazy at all. Actually, its one of the only ways to be competitive with them. Only suggestion I would make is drop the Inquisitor and and extra unit of terminators. Replace them with Grey Knights with either psycannons or better yet incinerators.

It gets your more troop choices. The mystics aren't going to be with in range of a really heavy shooting unit that will make it worth it for the few deep strikes that will occur with in their range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts