Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This list is just a thing i wanted to do since now we no longer have any restriction in putting units in reserve. Would it be competitive?

Duke Sliskus

15 Kabalites
Dark lance

Aegis defence line
communication array

(370)

Haemunculus
liquefier gun
venom blade

5 Wracks
liquefier gun

Raider
shock prow

(190)

10 Wyches
Hekatrix
venomblade

Raider
shockprow

(180)

5 Wyches
haywire granades

Raider
Shockprow

(125)

3 Trueborn
3 blasters

Venom
dual cannon

(146)

3 Trueborn
3 blasters

Venom
dual cannon

(146)

6 Reaver jetbikes
2 grav talons

(152)

2 Razorwing Jetfighters
(290)

Basically i plan to always go second, deploy defence line, Duke and 15 kabalites in good cover, hold on biting the dust for a round and then unleash all the rest of the army on turn 2. Possibly wiches could be on the board from turn 1, depending on the opponent and the battlefied. My best hopes rely onto 6 blasterborn kicking asses upon arrival and in double missile volley from Razorwings. 8 missiles should crush any horde, leaving big critters and vehicles as easy prey for the rest of my army. SHockprow to all raider is there to try and kill some enemy vehicles or to attempt a lucky overrun.

I'm just not sold on the 10 wyches...suggestion on what to put instead of them?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, the list played VS CSM and it did pretty well, losing only due to my shitty gaming. I really fumbled some major decision. Besides, some changes are needed.

Wiches are NOT viable. How many times do i need to prove it to myself? If they where 7 pts apiece they would be good. at 10 pts they are worst than cultists.

Gravtalons on reavers are not so good. I can do with normal bladevanes.

I also found out that the haemunculus is not needed.

SO, the list need more firepower, less cc and a better decision making on my side :p

Duke Sliskus

10 Kabalites
Splinter cannon

Aegis + comm relay

(320)

5 wracks
liquefier

Raider

(120)

5 Kabalites
blaster

Raider

(120)

10 kabalites
splinter cannon
sybarite

Raider
grisly trophies

(175)

3 Blasterborn

Venom
dual cannon

(146)

3 Blasterborn

Venom
dual cannon

(146)

6 Reavers
2 blasters

(162)

2 Jetfighters
splinter cannon

(310)

The general tactic is working though: concede first turn, deploy only Duke and a kabalite squad in a corner (near objective) behind aegis. Survive first turn of shooting (usually easy), then in second turn everything comes in and "beta strike" the enemy, focusing on a zone without scattering my forces. then i'll proceed to sweep the enemy thanks to mobility.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This looks very simliar to what I'm looking at running though I'm thinking Wracks DS'ing into their lines with Acothyst wielding an Ossefactor, Stinger Pistol, and Venom Blade.

I figure that's gonna scare the pants off just about anybody as its 15 attacks on a charge 2 at range when I can't get assault distance.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, this list was devised for the previous codes...i'm still munching trough the new one to get another take on this theme :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah I just realized these forums are pretty dead the last post in the tactics area was 2013 >.< I just started playing DE so I'm looking for somewhere to learn. That aside what do you think of the Ossifactor? I really think its awesome essentially a targeted blast weapon with assault and a decent range so even if you can't charge you can still do decent damage.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ossefactor needs to be teste, for me. Wraks are still hit or miss, not very reliable. To get the maximum from them you have to take some of the new covens formations. two units with 2 ossefactors in venoms could become very handy for getting a nice first blood (formation gives you d3 victory points instead of 1 !!)
still, this codex, i'm looking mostly at talos, scourges and sslyth/medusae...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scourge are gonna be my next buy for DE they have awesome models and look great to play with. I also lke the sslyth but havn't had a chance to do anythng in depth with it yet. I thought the coven books didn't come out till next week? Thats what my local GW told me this weekend past at least?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm with you on the scorge buy :)
about sslyths:
-6 SSlyth, 2 Llamean, 1 Archon WWP, blaster, shadowfield, Haygrandaes, Raider w/splinterracks & nightshields (410)
Steep price but deadly. SO many TL shots, antitank safe, assault capable...not bad.
The coven supplement has leaked here and there in its content, so it's not a mistery what's in there ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts