Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is good to hear. A victory, even if minor, is still a victory. I'm curious about the map layout and exactly what his numbers were, as all of those Khorne units are just nasty in CC with those power weapons. I do have to ask what happened with Termie Squad 3? You mentioned Belials Squad in the LRC and the 2nd squad in the Godhammer and the dread, but nothing about the 3rd squad.

It looks like you've getting a better idea about the DW with regards to tactics. You knew they'd be coming at you for CC, so you stayed back but also left routes to withdraw if needed.

One thing I notice that I don't know if other people really pay attention too... but the LRC has a multi-melta standard on the weapons load out in the DA codex as compared to the Vanilla Dex, so I hope you used it as it could have take a couple of wounds off those Bloodthirsters.

Great job overall, and I'm looking forward to the next battle report.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Back from work but to tired to do the reports just yet.

The map had 1 building placed in his left hand corner, and trees and forests spread throughout. The map is part of a 4 piece map and it's titled 'the gardens' as the overall map is a palace with a starport, inner city, main wall and gardens.

Terminator squad 3 filled a very basic role of: 1, staying alive and 2, provided that little extra firepower in thinning numbers. I was pretty piss poor with them tactically to be honest, I couldn't decide what to do with them and their placing often put them out of a good target (my bad decisions). In hindsight, I wish I'd put them on a flank or used them as bait.

Yeh the LRC does have a multi-melta. But I was determined not to over do firing at the Bloodthirsters. Figuring I'd have to be smart with my guns, as EVERY model in his army had a power weapon.

His list was 2 Thirsters, 1 unit of Bloodcrushers and 4-5 units of BLs...one being bigger than the others. He was fielding a themed army as his comment was "it's nice to see I'm not the only one who actually sticks to fluff" upon seeing my army. It was nicely converted and painted. Very striking and very cordinated in colour scheme.
Instead of the traditional khorne red he'd gone for black skin with red/fire horns and blades etc....much like GWs template balrog.

I really enjoyed the battle, and I think my small numbers was a good thing, as he was trying to charge my units with all his, thus bottlenecking himself.

We talked about the game after and he said after turn 2 he knew he was fucked as he didn't deepstrike far enough up the board. Very nice guy.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts