Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I would start on my dark eldar again after about a few months of neglect and came up with this list which seems to be fairly standard these days.

HQ
Archon - 311
Combat Drugs
Agoniser
Shadow Field
Splinter Pistol
5x Incubi
Raider

ELITES
10x Wyches - 223
Succubus
Agoniser
Wych Weapons
Plasma Grenades
Raider

TROOPS
10x Warriors - 186
Sybarite
Terrorfex
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Horrorfex
Trophy Racks

10x Warriors - 186
Sybarite
Terrorfex
Blaster
Splinter Cannon
Raider
Horrorfex
Trophy Racks

10x Warriors - 100
2x Dark Lances

10x Warriors - 100
2x Dark Lances

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager - 105

Ravager - 120
3x Disintegrators

Ravager - 120
3x Disintegrators

That all comes to 1451, and I have no idea how to spend the remaining 50 points.

This would also be my first time using them on the tabletop and the raider squads seem to be seriously disadvantaged by only being able to move 6" and still shoot out of the transport. Is there any particular time when it is better to shoot rather than zoom across the board?

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Looks nice! Spend it on 2 more incubi of course!!!!! :)

And your a Sydninian where form?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dotn waste it on 2 more incubi.......5+ archon is over kill by far.....night shields rarley work unless some is seriously relying on melta. Not to mention that all they need is AP1 if u cant pen with a str 8 on av 10 ur rolling bad.

Id say add some warriors to your retinue for wounds and kill off factor. Drop your sniper squads.....I ran this a while back before i quit playing all to gether and it was funny and basicly unstoppable.

Run 5 man raider squads with one DL and one blaster it comes out to 110 10 pts more then a 10 man snipe squad....BUT you can split fire with the raider squad(transport at something squad at another) and they are more mobile then a sniper squad. And it puts more raiders on the table for you. People say its only a 5 man....when the raider goes down they will die.......fact is....5 or 10 man when that raider crashes they will die......or get pinned.....either way once that raider goes down they are considered dead.....keep em cheap. i used to run the 10 man warrior squads and took me a few games even after winning to see that they were pointless.

More raiders means more confusion. Its all about target poriority. If you can confuse someone and have them not know what your threates are your going to pull the edge on them.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Keelia unfortunately I have to strongly disagree, the 5 man raider squads with 1 Dl and blaster is a waste you pay 10 points more for 5 less men and 2 easy kill points instead of one, even if you have that extra raider one shot is a ahrd chnace to take yes it's BS4 but 80% of the time even if the shot hits it's not guaranteed to cause a vehicle destroyed hit which is what you want and so you end up firing another 1 or 2 Dl's at the target anyway - which leads to you firing the Dl in that 5 man squad and having a a blaster wasted as it's out of range.

7 Incubi is not over kill you do realise that if you get wounded 3 times 1 wound goes onto the incubi anyway and it's not hard to wound 3 times against T3 when most guns are standard S4 that will shoot at them

·
Registered
539 Posts
Your retinue shoudlnt be getting shot at......

if your worried about KPs with DE your playing the wrong army. If you get wounded 3 times and you have 3 warriors you can put it all on the warriors. and i usually run 3-4 in my retinue and ill take a save on the 2+ before i take a saveo n the incubi.

I suppose you could run an entire army with out transports, but we all know how that would play out.

·
Banned
2,023 Posts
Your retinue shoudlnt be getting shot at......

if your worried about KPs with DE your playing the wrong army. If you get wounded 3 times and you have 3 warriors you can put it all on the warriors. and i usually run 3-4 in my retinue and ill take a save on the 2+ before i take a saveo n the incubi.

I suppose you could run an entire army with out transports, but we all know how that would play out.
I'm just saying that 5 man raider squads are way to ineffecient for thier points cost, you can keep running them but play another DE army with the more troop based mobility raider squads and sniper squads and you will get mowed trust me, I've played mine against one, they just don't go well.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I'm just saying that 5 man raider squads are way to ineffecient for thier points cost, you can keep running them but play another DE army with the more troop based mobility raider squads and sniper squads and you will get mowed trust me, I've played mine against one, they just don't go well.

Its all about who gets first turn......the army that has the 5 man raider squads can engage 2 times the target as the one with the sniper squads....and at that point all he has to do is stop your mobility and hell win the game.

One raider squad can essisentally drop 2 ravagers if you roll well. and ever then all you have to do is glance and you stop the ravager for a turn.

Just saying ive played them both and the raider squad spam is more effective specially because of the amount targets you can engage. You can have all the big guns you want but if they can only engage 3-4 targets, what good are they? Id rather have the same amount of guns and engage double the targets you can for almos tthe same cost.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I run a 9 man incubi squad at 1500 points. But then, It's not my game winning unit. Yes, its the most expensive, but not game winning.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DE without Raiders is possible, but your relying on the table to have uber amounts of cover.

Ravagers need a night shield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts