Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just came up with this list, wondering if people have any suggestions? Main armies will most likely be Orks, Imperial Guard and Tau, although im not completly sure. Okay here goes:

HQ
Master of the Ravenwing - 205
Land Speeder

ELITE
Dreadnought - 125
Twin-Linked Auto-cannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon w/ Storm Bolter

Deathwing Terminators - 215
All with 2 Lightning Claws

TROOPS
Tactical Squad - 220
10-Man, Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power sword. Plasma gun, Lascannon

Tactical squad - 215
10-Man, Sgt. w/ Power Fist. Flamer, Lascannon

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 215
3 Bikes, Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol. 2 Plasma guns, Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta

FAST ATTACK
Ravenwing Support Squadron - 100
1 Landspeeder w/ Assault cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT
Whirlwind - 105
Hunter-Killer Missle, Storm Bolter

Whirlwind - 85

Okay so tactics: Not much in the way of tactics. The whirlwinds stay back (or atleast one does) and shoot at squads of not-very-high-armour-save units. The tactical squads will most likely go into combat squads, trying to pick of tanks. The Bikes will go after the most dangerous tank with multi melta, and take out and TEQ's with plasma stuff. Deathwing will deep-strike down near the ravenwing, and Master of the Ravenwing will deep strike down with other land speeder. Dreadnought will provide fire support.

What does everybody think??

Peace out :victory:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hello. Looking over your list, it seems alittle odd. You will have stuff all over the place at different times (maybe) and possibly not able to support eachother like you want it to. Here are some things i would do personally to help you out. (mind you this is on the predication that your facing mainly orks and IG as you noted)

Master of the Ravenwing - 205
Land Speeder
No real beef here, alittle expensive, but he does give you more scoring units.

Dreadnought - 125
Twin-Linked Auto-cannon, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon w/ Storm Bolter
I personally like the assault cannon, gives you a few more shots, but theres nothing really wrong with the autocannon but i would upgrade the SB to a heavy flamer to roast you up some mushrooms extra nice :) Also, later on if there are any points left over, EA wouldn't hurt. It will help keep him moving to the line.

Deathwing Terminators - 215
All with 2 Lightning Claws
These guys need atleast one TH in the case they run into walkers.

Tactical Squad - 220
10-Man, Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol, Power sword. Plasma gun, Lascannon
Drop the plasma pistol, its not worth nixing your own PW or PF. If you take the PW, atleast give him melta bombs as mentioned before if you run into some walkers. That and if you combat squad these guys, give them a flamer instead, you have other weapons in the army to deal with armour, they need to worry about getting overrun.

Tactical squad - 215
10-Man, Sgt. w/ Power Fist. Flamer, Lascannon
this is an example of how i would run the sqd if i was gonna combat sqd them. the fist (or PW and MBs) and flamer in one group the lascannon in the other.

Ravenwing Attack Squadron - 215
3 Bikes, Sgt. w/ Plasma Pistol. 2 Plasma guns, Attack Bike w/ Multi-Melta
Again, drop the plasma pistol, hes an expensive model to kill yourself with :eek:k: Also, if your gonna deepstrike some stuff to support these guys, get the attack bike a teleport homer

Ravenwing Support Squadron - 100
1 Landspeeder w/ Assault cannon
I find the most effective setup (and alot less expensive than this setup) is a MM & HF setup. it can pop tanks really well and really singe the ol' commadants cape really well. Dropping a whirlwind and re-kitting this speeder will most likely buy you a second speeder (seperate squad) and to make those above changes.

Whirlwind - 105
Hunter-Killer Missle, Storm Bolter

Whirlwind - 85
Id drop the more expensive whirlwind to make the above changes

I know the changes ive mentioned add up alittle bit, but i think you will find this to be alittle more stable. take from it what you will of course, mix match and customize to your play style, nothing is perfect. But ultimately make it your own and have fun with it. Happy hunting! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
35 Posts
All Ravenwing bikes have homing beacons for deepstrikes, so you don't have to worry about that.

As for the tactical squads. I am more of a fan of meltas than plasma. It Gets Hot is a pain and only works for IG if they have a medic.

I like the landspeeder setup you have. Its fast and can be used as a suicide tank buster.

I would give 2 meltas to your Ravenwing squad. They pop tanks well and wont hurt them.

I would also consider the flamer for the Dread, but I don't think it is required.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm okay, have taken all that into account. I'm also trying to make do with what I have, which isnt very competitive at all, it's more what I wanted from the DA collection.

Tried changeing this around a bit, but cant seem to get it to work. I'll create a new list and post it when ive figured it out.

Thanks all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts