Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HQ:
275 Bloodthirster, Unholy might, BOTBG (wave 2)

105 Herald of khorn, Chariot, Unholy might, BOTBG (wave 1)

105 Herald of khorn, Chariot, Unholy might, BOTBG (wave 1)

Elite:
240 X5 Bloodcrushers, Fury of khorn, Chaos icon, Instrument of chaos (wave 1)

105 X3 Flamers (wave 2)

Troops:
130 X7 Plaugebearers, Chaos icon (wave 2)

130 X7 Plaugebearers, Chaos icon (wave 1)

90 X5 Horrors, Changling (wave 2)

Heavy support:
160 Soulgrinder, Phlegm (wave 1)

160 Soulgrinder, Phlegm (wave 2)

1500 Total

This is my first real try at a deamon list and i want it to be successfull, so any help regarding if i have picked bad choices or can swap anything around to make it better will be great, the bloodthirster is in there cause i have a nicely painted model for it already but i am not bothered about keeping it in the list if getting rid of it will make the army much better, also any comments on if i have made a good choice on what to bring in wave 1 and what to leave for wave 2 (if the gods look down with favor) will also be great

thankyou in advance for the help

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Hey all thank you for all the help so far, seems like none of you particularly like khorn heralds, and bloodcrushers have a mixed review, so i will look into changing the heralds but might play a few games some with crushers and some with fiends and see which ones perform best for me and decide from there, dropping the icons on the plaguebearers seems like an ok idea would save me 50 points to spend elsewhere, i just liked that it took away the randomness of expensive units scattering onto other units, rolling on the mishap table and being destroyed or placed by the enemy on the opposite side of the board miles away from any action.

I would give that list a total overhaul. But cookie-cutter is a creation of the devil
now as i said this is my first list i have properly sat down and tried to write so i wasn't expecting it to be an all powerfull destroy all comers list on my first try, i don't mind giving it an overhaul, also i am happy to use a cookie-cutter build (using a creation of the devil when playing deamons seems fitting) i just can't seem to find one, so a point in the direction of a post containing one would be great:p

as i said thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everyone i see posting seems to rave about the tzeentch heralds on chariots and the fiends so i will defo have to give them a try

thank you for all the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts