Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So This may not be the best list but is it okay?

Beliel
Librarian
Tactical Squad x5
4x Bolters
1x Flakk ML
Tactical Squad x5
4x Bolters
1x Plasma Cannon
Deathwing TS
1x TH/SS
1 x CML with LCs
Deathwing TS
1x TH/SS
1 x HF & CF
Deathwing TS
1x TH/SS
1 x Assault Cannon & CF
Devatstators x5
4x Heavy Bolters
ADL
Quad
Predator
LasCanSponsors

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I get the distinct impression that you're building this army out of a few kits of models, because you don't duplicate any of your bits, aside from your Thunderhammers. Each squad is kitted out differently, and that's usually not a very good thing.

Your Predator is your onlyl real anti-armor, and it's your only armor as well, so expect it to die quickly. I'd try to put some Meltaguns on your 5-man tacticals.

I like Plasma Cannons, but I like them better for terminators, because of their saves against Gets Hot! However, the CML is -much- better, and is a great choice on models with TH/SS because they can still shoot. Speaking of Terminators, it's usually not recommended to mix and match CC w/ shooting, aside from a Cyclonehamminator. Throwing one TH/SS in isn't bad if it can still fire missiles, but most would speak against putting a mix of bolters, hammers, and lightning claws. Terminators are great in assault if they're pure assault, and great all around if they're all around build (Fist/SB), but if you diulte either of them they tend to be wasted points. Maybe put Belial in with a dedicated asasult unit? Just don't deep strike him in front of any guns.

I'd probably switch your Devestators over to Missile Launchers; unless ou know you're gonna need to mow down hordes, the missile launchers are far more versatile.

Finally, I'm really not sure what's with the librarian. Why is he there? No upgrades, nothing. You could remove him for upgrade points on the terminators (Cyclones all around), or even swap Belial for Azrael and still have Deathwing troops.

ps. No Hvy Flamers on termies. no point.

·
Spanner in the works...
5,349 Posts
Xabre speaks a lot of truth. You don't want to mix and match within Deathwing squads as you lose their effectiveness. Heavy Bolters suck as a general rule, especially in comparison to Missile Launchers, which should be a no-brainer if you have the models. Cyclones are certainly (IMO) the best option for Deathwing squads too, though the Assault Cannon does have its uses. I used to be a great advocator of the Plasma Cannon dreadnought if you wanted some anti-heavy infantry in your list, but with the changes to gets hot and glancing hits it does make more sense for Terminators to wield them. However, rather than sacrifice the option for taking Cyclones, leave the Cyclones to your more combat-orientated squads, while the ranged ones make the most of Plasma Cannons. Just be wary of scattering onto your own squads.

However, I disagree with Xabre on the Tactical squads. While you need them for objective holding, meltaguns are not the way to go. Tactical squads only need to provide a touch of ranged fire support (mostly look for mobility), so a Flakk Missile Launcher is the perfect answer, adding some AA to your list too. However he does make a good point about the lack of ranged anti-armour. I would drop the Librarian to try and fit a Ravenwing Attack Squad in with plenty of melta to take out those armoured threats. The Pred can either stay in there or be dropped for more of the same.

Just some of my thoughts to throw into the balance.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
However, I disagree with Xabre on the Tactical squads. While you need them for objective holding, meltaguns are not the way to go. Tactical squads only need to provide a touch of ranged fire support (mostly look for mobility), so a Flakk Missile Launcher is the perfect answer, adding some AA to your list too.
It was simply the only place I could find room for Meltas. Honestly some Bikes would go well, and would reinforce using Azrael to make everything troops. A Rifleman Dread's not bad either, but i always like those.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice interesting list, I have opted for the Azrael Raven/Death Approach, nice to see a fellow DA player on the forums, here is my 1500 list enjoy :p Peace
HQ: Azrael 215 Points
Elites: Dreadnought Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer power fist 130 Points
Dreadnought: Twin-Linked Lascannon and missile launcher 135 Points
Troops: DeathWing TerminatorsX10 Deathqing X2 Assault Cannons x1 XChainfist 465 Points
Ravenwing Attack 3 Ravens Squad x2 Meltas Sergant with Chainsword 100 Points
Tactical squad 10 Marines Plasma Gun Plasma Cannon 170 Points
Fast Attack:3 Ravenwing Black Knights 1 Grenade launcher HuntMaster with Power Maul 138 Points
Heavy Support: Devastator Squad 5 Devas 3 Missile Launchers with flak missiles

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I need to try again.

Amazing how much easier it is I find putting a BA list together (mobile v drop pods v mech, with all working okay)

Special characters all being over priced an kind of broken helps me avoid them at this point less as well (BA that is)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts