Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Looks fine except for the Russ Squadrons, what with the dangers and limitations squadrons face. The LRBT itself is a fine choice, it's the 'squadroning' of them I don't like.

I'd rather take more Vets in Chimeras myself, or a HH or BW, or Vendettas, or upgrade to a Demolisher or Executioner...depending on your own local opponents faced.

Still, you have kept them cheap so that's a good thing.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
The thing is that there's nothing massively wrong with either of the last 2 lists, meaning none of the choices suck, they just need finessing.

Such as what oldHat says about putting the PCs in a Vendetta instead of a Chimera, and get a SWS for the second one. Keep the Infantry back as a combined firebase on your home objective with a Commissar, it's hard as nails to shift.

I don't agree about dropping the Manticore...your Infantry can 'bubblewrap' it and keep it safe for the few turns it takes for it to do its damage. Artillery doesn't have to last the whole game as it's an alpha-strike type unit.

That said, you will have to drop something to get to 1500, so it's either the Manticore or some Plasma that will have to go....do much else and the list will have to change too much.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Is it worth taking special weapons with the PCS and SWS in Vendettas?
Or just keep them naked?
Keep the same build you have for the PCS - 4 Flamers. The SWS can have either 3 Flamers or a mix of Flamers/Demo Charge..depends on points available.

They need weapons to sweep the enemy off of Objectives.

And for the bubblewrap, just run 2 Infantry squads with Commissar and 2x Flamer and 2x Autocannon?
HWT worth it?
As far as bubblewrap goes...they're not just there to do that, but to also act as a normal Platoon, so give them a Commissar so they are harder to shift and they will hang around for longer, and HW's let them send some decent firepower down range. Adding Flamers depends on points again.

Do you mean HWS...I don't bother with them, well not in a Mech list anyway.

· Registered
3,406 Posts
Lascannons? No, Autocannons. BS3 Lascannons get a single shot and will miss far too often. Autocannons are two shots and high enough strength to bust light armor. Leave cracking heavy armor to the Meltaguns.
Totally agree, and I look at a lascannon HWS and just see a Vendetta for not a hell of a lot more points, considering what you get..same amount of Lascannons but t/linked and on a fast unit - yes please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.