Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DE Lord (Shadow Cloak, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Plasma Gernades, Animus Vitae, Reaver Jetbike) 182

Wyches x9 / Raider (Wych Weapons, Plasma Gernades, Succubus, Agoniser) 211

Raider Squad x10 (Blaster) 140

DE x10 (Blaster x2, DL x2) 110

Reaver Jetbike x5 (Blaster x2) 145

Ravager 105

Ravager 105

Ravager 105

Total:

Just goy my DE Dex, and heres my first crack at a list.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
DE Lord (Shadow Cloak, Combat Drugs, Punisher, Plasma Gernades, Animus Vitae, Reaver Jetbike) 182
Nice. You can use him as a glass cannon, charge him solo against an elite combat unit (aka terminators) and watch him chop them down.

Wyches x9 / Raider (Wych Weapons, Plasma Gernades, Succubus, Agoniser) 211
2 Blasters please

Maybe a Splinter Cannon aswell

See above.

Drop the Blasters

Drop the blasters

Could use a Succubus w/ a Punisher

See above

Ravager 105
Needs 3 Dizzies

Ravager 105
Fine

Ravager 105
Fine

Total:

Just goy my DE Dex, and heres my first crack at a list.
Appreciating that you don't have the points to make the changes I've mentioned. The only way to drop the points without it having a major effect of the armies abilities would be to drop a sniper squad. Not only will you save 110 points, but also about 26 quid.

All in all, pretty list.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know for MEQ types (which can take a beating) 1 Troop every thousand is okay, but at 1500 Pts can DE Perform well at Objectives with just 3 Troops? I use to play Eldar but even they have 4+ Saves in DAs and 3+ in jetbikes. DE seem to be too easy to knock off at 5+ and in small asquads. How would I deal with this, Raider Sqauds Only?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
In this case, 2 Sniper units would be a better Idea. But, you want to play so you're on top of him all the time, so he won't be able to keep all his objectives.

If I'm going to be honest, 2 jetbike units at 1500 points is a bit to much. Make one unit a 7 and drop the rest giving you 1 bigger unit. As with 2, both trying to perform the same role, one will be made redundant and a target. Thats my opinion anyway, some people like to have mirrored Flank attacks. I prefer one major flank attack, then one onthe opposite flank next turn.

But dropping the them would allow another troop choice.

5 man raider squads are very good at holding objectives and are cheap enough to suicide.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For just Five Man Raider squad would I need any Special Weapons? Or leave them naked in the Raider, let the DL do all the work.

I agree in dropping one unit of Jetbikes to 7. With the Archon would make a nasty killer CC unit.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You could just give a 5 man raider squad a dark lance.

One tactics that worked well in 4th was to take:

5 man raider squad with dark lance (raider with Dizzy)
10 man warrior squad with 2 splinter cannons and 2 shredders.

Turn one, the 5 man squad get out and take up a good sniping location. warrior squad get in Raider and go hunting.
at 12" you could fire 16 splinter rifle shots, 16 splinter cannon shots, 2 shredders and 1 Dizzy blast.

Stop that?

You could do that in 5th, but the emphasise on objectives means that 2 or 3 5 man squads isn't enough. Especially as it's easy to force panic tests.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Wyches x8 / Raider ( x2 Blasters, Wych Weapons, Plasma Gernades, Succubus, Agoniser) 195

Raider Squad x5 (Blaster) 100

DE x10 (DL x2) 100

DE x10 (DL x2) 100

Reaver Jetbike x7 (Blaster x2, Succubus, Punisher) 231

Ravager 105

Ravager 105

Ravager 105

Total:

Made some Modifications, how is this looking for play?

I figure 5 Troops choices should be more than enough to hold Objectives, all the Blasters/DLs will hope against those Mech Heavy armies, and my Wyches/Reavers with Archon will munch up troops.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Seems pretty good. I'd just give your Archon and RJB succubus a Tormenter Helm. The extra attack is pretty worthwhile. And I'd probably drop a bike to get the points. 7 RJB is pushing it imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts