Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi chaps and chapettes, I'm usually a Space Wolf but today I'm a pointy eared Eldar. This is my first list with this army for a very long time so let me know what you think. It contains most of the models that I have and there isn't much other choice at the moment. The spares models are listed at the bottom of this post. The idea behind this list is to devestate one enemy unit at a time by dooming it. I have specifically left a space in the Wraithguard and Firedragons so I have some choice in transporting the Farseer. The Dire Avengers are there because they are not used enough in my opinion.

HQ

Farseer with singing spear, runes of warding,runes of witnessing, spirit stones, doom, fortune, mind war.
178 points

ELITES

5 Firedragons, exarch, flamer, crackhot
97 points

4 Wraithguard, warlock, spiritseer
Wave serpent with TL bright lance, vectored engines, spirit stones
336 points

6 Howling Banshees, exarch, executioner
118 points

TROOPS

10 Dire Avengers, exarch, avenger shuriken catapult, defend, bladestorm
167 points

10 Guardians, scatter laser platform
95 points

FAST ATTACK

Vyper with scatter laser, shuriken cannon
70 points

Vyper with scatter laser, shuriken cannon
70 points

HEAVY SUPPORT

Wraithlord with wraithsword, bright lance
140 points

Falcon with Bright lance, vectored engines, star engines, holo fields, spirit stones
225 points

1496 points total

The other units that could substitued in currently are 3 shining spears, 3 guardian jetbikes, autarch with scorpion chainsword, ctapult and manidiblaster, 1 wraithguard.

Other sugestions welcome though as there is always cash to burn holes in my pockets.

Cheers,

Ragnar

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
hi mate, i'm sure you don't really want my advice as i can tell you anytime but as everyone else has goone tight lipped about the pointy ears i'll give you some feedback.

Waveserpent: As you have what is likely to be a strong anti-tank unit in the serpent, i'd switch the weaponry for an anti-infantry role. Shuriken Cannon upgrade and either twin-linked shuriken cannons[which as you'll be gunning straight at the enemy to get within 12 could definately be an option] or twinlinked scatterlasers.

Falcon i dont think it needs vectored and starengines, but as its transporting i can see they would have use's. The point saved would be able to buy you more troops though and i think a boost couldn't go far wrong.

Farseer: if you really can't decide between 3 powers dont. go with eldrad. When you have the points to spare hes a really good HQ. That or strip the farseer down and make him a cheap HQ with a specific purpose. I dont think he's needed so much in this list, whereas if you were running banshees and rangers then i'd see why a farseer casting doom would be highly benefical. Wraithguard and firedragons are fine without doom, although fortune is handy for ANY unit, an avatar could equally draw alot of fire away from your units.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
you know what, i missed the banshee's entirely. Good point cccp-one. Banshees can work as sloggers if they are just countercharge, but this list will be moving forward to get to grips with the enemy so they would need a transport to realistically get in and support the Dragons and wraithguard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts