camo cloaks
teleport homer

scouts x6
sniper rifles x6
camo cloaks
teleport homer

thunder fire cannon

thunder fire cannon

pretty straight forward here, thunder fire cannons bolster a ruin or 2 and the scouts infiltrate out there in cover some where close to the enemy but far enough away to keep out of charge distance hopefully.

strongest unit is kitted out to assault so it might infiltrate out there in their deployment zone if the chance arises or possible outflank. terminators try to deep strike in near some scouts to avoid scatter or get ballzy and get up close and personal. librarian goes with one unit of termies.

thunder fire cannons are blasting troops with the S6 blast or bikes/jump packs with the subterranean so they move through difficult, becoming dangerous for them, terrain.

·
Registered
316 Posts
my question is what do you do against mech?

....i do understand that assaulting the tank is an option but i rather pop the vehicle in the shooting phase to assault the guys inside.

i guess the question is what are you playing against?

·
Registered
161 Posts
1. You can only bolster defence in your deployment zone.
2. I would consider using vangaurd rather than terminators. Just don't pile on the points. I normally sitck one extra power sword in the unit as the sergant comes with one anyways.
3. It is fagile. Those scouts will be blasted off the table by turn two. You could stick a beacon on a drop pod and drop tacicals down. Give the tacticals teleport homers and your away.
4. Still want to keep the scouts? You could get a Landspeeer storm and stick some scouts in there. A first turn PF in someones face is always a suprise.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if its all meq the scouts have the option of infiltrating other places and just hiding on buildings or high level ruins close to the enemy getting a teleport homer over there. most of the time im playing ig with a blob squad, wolves with long fangs or some sort of marines with either jump packs or infantry, so when it comes down to it i can get in assaults somewhere. not that assaulting oblitz without a fist is intelligent...

i know i can only bolster a ruin in my deployment zone, i do see how i wrote that could mislead you but i was aware. i put the thunderfire cannon in the bolstered ruin for a 2+ 3++ cover and 3+ cover on the gun. and should i feel the urge i could put some snipers in there for 2+ cover saves.

the scouts will be fine if they assault, other wise a 3+ cover on a high floor or second level somewhere makes them pretty survivable.

im using terminators because they have 2+ 3++ and they are all S8. its not a 'hmm this looks kinda good.' it's 'holy crap, there cheap and should stay alive the whole game!' cheap in comparison to the same wargear in other armies.

also 2 groups of thunder hammer storm shield termies is incredibly cheesy but even if the teleport homers die they can just deepstrike in normally. the scouts arent mandatory, i just feel they are better in hand to hand vs the tac squad with the ability to have 3 attacks on the charge and 2 base instead of 2 on the charge and 1 base. plus the ability to strike where it hurts assaulting turn 2 at a vulnerable weaker infantry unit if there is one.

in the end this is all about having 18 th + ss termies at 1500 points.

·
Registered
220 Posts
also! you aren't outfit to go take objectives. your scouts could, but usually don't. the general using them is usually to afraid of their fragile armor and shite shooting. you do have one combat unit of scouts but to rely on them for taking objectives, i'd say it's a stretch.

shooty mech will pwn your thunderfire cannons no problem. i'd shoot the termies first, then thunder, and then scouts. i'd probably send in a sacrifice to bog down one of your termy units while i shoot the hell out of the other one and then adjust fire to deal with your second squad.

i play marines and if i we're to do this with 3preds, 3lazorbacks, 6combimelta sternz/lib, and 2typhoonspeeders, what is your response?

ps. not trying to be a dick, just trying to present a situation.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
scouts infiltrate in cover all around the board, high as possible.

deepstrike both units of termies and lib.

put thunder fire cannons in cover, high as possible, in bolstered ruins if possible.

then if you go first i get shot at, i go first thunder fire prolly target speeders with the S6 blast, snipers same or nothing.

you go, shoot more, i go try to keep some scouts alive while shooting back and hope to roll the termies in asap. when the termies come in i try to get as close as possible but maybe off a teleport homer if the scouts are alive, run them to spread them out, wait a turn and try to assault asap. i dont have to fear anything shooting at the termies because they have a 3+ invul and 2+ armor. some may die but not many.

i either lose because the termies dont come in early enough or if they both come in pretty early i might trap you and just multi assault as many vehicles as possible. 18 th + ss termies and a lib can hurt pretty bad if they are all in your face.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
also, not the best list, i understand that, it is for fun because i wanted 1500 points with lots of th+ss termies. i might not have said that in this thread...

·
Registered
122 Posts
You could just replace the libby or the thunderfire cannons with shrike and make the list somewhat scary.Fleet infiltrating termies is cool enough i guess.

·
Registered
220 Posts
also, not the best list, i understand that, it is for fun because i wanted 1500 points with lots of th+ss termies. i might not have said that in this thread...
i get ya. 3+ invul. is great, i'd try to eff it with nullzone, but 3+ is sweet. fun is fun and that's what we're here for! happy hunting tomater

1 - 10 of 10 Posts