Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing help on making a 1500 point list to combat my friends full ranged space marine army he keeps beating me in all our games and I feel it is because my list is not what i need it to be this is all the models I have to use.
HQ
Kharn, Chaos lord, Typhus
Troop
10 space marines, 35 cultists
Elites
12 berzerkers, 6 chosen, 5 possessed, 1 helbrute, 5 terminators
Fast attack
3 bikes, 5 raptors, 1 heldrake
Tanks
Land raider, Rino
If I need to buy more models I can but I still want to use the stuff I have. Remember i need to be able to combat a 1500 point ranged space marine army so he has centurions, vindicator, tac squads, dev squads, ironclad dreadnought, and almost no melee guys except for 3 bikes. He runs mostly as the chapter, whatever it is, that re-rolls on ones for bolter.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Your major weakness here is you lack "Troops".

10 marines, 35 cultists thats it, 12 zerkers if you use kharn as your lord, and the problem with that is, kharn isnt that good. He's tough as nails in melee combat but thats the problem i hear, getting him in close combat!

Typhus is a beast though, but you have nbo plague marines, you can opt in your space marines as plague marines but then you still only have 2 troops choices.

In my opinion, pick a mark of the Gods (nurgle, khorne, slaanesh, tzeentch - this will help you build your army, that way you can focus on things that compliment your mark)but in any case buy more things 2 more boxes of space marines should start you off pretty well! As for what you have I'd go with:

HQ:

Chaos Lord: Khorne mark, Axe of Blind Fury, Sigil of Corruption and burning brand of skalatharx. 165 points

Troops:

10x khorne berzerkers with an icon of wrath and melta bombs is 220 points in a rhino +35 points.

12x berzerkers with melta bombs and icon of wrath - 258 points

35 cultists - 150 points.

Fast Attack:

Helldrake with bale flamer IS A MUST! - 170 points

3x bikers - 2x melta guns, combi-melta on champion with power weapon, melta bombs too and icon of wrath- 146 points.

5x Raptors- 2x melta guns. combi-melta - 125 points

Heavy Support:

Land Raider. 230 points. Because you can thats why!

Elites:

Hellbrute with heavy flamer in a power fist and twin linked las cannon - 150 points

that should total to 1479 points leaving you with 21 points to spare. Throw them around, extra armour and combi weapon on the rhino may be a good way to spend 20 points....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Troops?

Thanks for the list but troops? I usually run kharn and have my zerkers be my troops and have mostly a melee army. I do have some money i can spend on maybe one or two boxes what should be my priority on getting if i were to buy?

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
What about this:

Kharn

9 Marines
Mark of khorne (use zerkers for this)
Ltghning claw
meltabombs

Land Raider
dirge caster

10 Marines
2 plasmaguns
Rhino

Heldrake

3 bikers
2 meltaguns

3 Terminators
3 combiweapons

15 Cultists

5 raptors
2 meltaguns
combimelta

6 Havocs
4 lascannons

This way you should buy some havocs and lascannons but you cannot win with just cc. I'd say that relying solely on cc will give you some severe butthurt. Shooty marines are not so powerful, but without heavy support can be hard to face.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the list but troops? I usually run kharn and have my zerkers be my troops and have mostly a melee army. I do have some money i can spend on maybe one or two boxes what should be my priority on getting if i were to buy?
In the list you provided you had 2 troops choices (3-4) if you split the cultists up and another with a khorne warlord. If you like cc, khorne is the god for you. The list nef has given you is a solid list. Kharn and 9 zerkers in a land raider will surely have your opponents quivering at the knees, more so when that helldrake comes onboard. But as nef said, your cc guys need heavy support!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have experience playing Chaos Marines, and I've come up with a list the follows the constrictions. It would, in theory, work alright. But, ya know, not to sure.

HQ:
Typhus: 230

Elites:
Chaos Terminators (4) w/
-Pair of Lightning Claws
-Pair of Lightning Claws
-Lightning Claw and Heavy Flamer
-Champion with a Pair of Lightning Claws
All with Mark of Nurgle.
Land Raider Transport w/ Dirge Caster: 434

Helbrute w/ Plasma Cannon and Power Scourge: 120

Troops:

Chaos Marines (10), w/ Extra CCW, Veterains of the Long War, Mark of Nurge,
-Flamer
-Flamer
-Champion w/ Pair of Lightning Claws
Rhino Transport w/ Dirge Caster: 283

15 Plague Zombies: 70

15 Plague Zombies: 70

Fast Attack:
Heldrake: 170

Bikers (3) w/ Icon of Despair, Mark of Nurgle, Veterains of the Long War,
-Melta
-Melta
-Champion: 120

That's 1498 points. You could probably get rid of the Land Raider and have another lord instead for the Bikers, but that's up to you.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You want to get up in him as fast as you can whilst giving a bit of ranged fire back. Daemon princes, obliterators, masses of cultists as a meat screen, bikes, and helldrakes are what I feel works best from this codex. Typhus and a big blob of 20 plagues with a fist and dual plasma on your home objective behind an aegis line is hardy enough to secure your home objective. Do this with 30 plague zombies to fill your second troops and keep a theme:threaten: and then go loco for all the other cool stuff you need.

List would look something like this.

Typhus
Prince, wings, black mace, armour.
3terminators,3combi melta
14zombies,
20plague marines, 2plasma, fist,
7bikes, 2 melts, fist, nurgle.
3obliterators,nurgle

That's what I'd try and run anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts