Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first list I've ever made. I thought of leap frogging the squads to try and keep a good fire base on the enemy as I advance to CC. I problem I seem to run into is things like Battle cannons.

HQ - Chaos Lord: Terminator armor 120

Elites - 5 Terminators: Power fist, Chain fist, Reaper Autocannon, 2 combi-meltas, pair of lightning claws 2 champions

5 Possessed: Champion​

Troops: 12 CSMs: Nurgle Icon, Missle
10 CSMs: Champion-powerfist. 2 Plasma guns​
8 CSMs: Champion-powerfist. Plasma gun​
Rhino: Havoc Launcher​

Fast Attack: 5 Raptors: Plasma pistol, Melta, Champion: lightning Claws

Heavy: 5 Havocs: Las, Auto, Heavy Bolter, and Missile

This should be 1500 exactly, unless I missed a piece of wargear.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
With the havocs, i feel its better to give them a role that they are going for and equip them with that in mind. If you want them to be versatile, then Missile launchers and autocannons are the best bets. 2 of each would be better than the current load as vs troops you can go with 2 frag missiles plus 4 shots from the autocannon then vs armour you have the krak and lots of autocannon shots to help get at least glances to stunned tanks if not take them out of action. Overall i prefer all the same weapons so 4 autocannons or 4 HB's or 4 Missile launcher etc. Also with havoc i like to have at least 1 extra bolter armed guy per heavy weapon, so that your opp has lots more guys to kill before there getting rid of Heavy weapons. so 6 man with 3 heavy weapons or 8 man with 4 are my usual squad consistancies.

With the troops i would definately take the 2 guys from the 12 man squad to up the 8 man squad and get it a second special weapon. Or even better give them the missile launcher and take Plague marines over mark of Nurgle. then put those in the rhino and give them 2 plasmaguns, which work very well together due to the feel no pain helping vs overheating plasma.

Hope this gives you some ideas, good luck with the list

·
Registered
598 Posts
i think you should remove one of the plasma guns from the two plasma gun squad, 2 isn't really necessary.
looks solid though, good variation
jigplums also had some excellent advice

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
i think the leap frogging idea may be too slow, you only have 6 turns, so thats three moves of 6 inches each, you aren't going to get into CC unless they come at you. so give one team assault weapons and run them foward, and the other one assault one heavy weapon to provide covering fire when its needed. failing that, drop the plasmas from one team and one piece of cheap wargear and get another rhino.

thats all i got.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
don't drop plasma, plasma is good. Gives the units punch, allows them to threaten tanks and discourages termies from getting too close. Special weapons make a squad much more deadly and often do more damage than the rest of the squad.
Also all csm's come with bolters and chainsword/bp so can perform mixed roles

·
Premium Member
1,988 Posts
I agree that plasma guns are very good. They have a significant down side in your units though, in that you can't fire them and then charge. Since you have 10 guys, one with a power fist, charging is often going to be on your mind.

You could try having four units of 5. Two units could have a vet with power fist, the other two have a plasma gun. You would have all the same guys (ok 2 more guys and 1 less plasma) but more flexibility.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts