Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the first army list I've put together, and I'm looking for ways to make it more effective. Advice requested:

HQ:
Demon Prince 200pts
Mark of Tz
Warptime
Bolt of Change
Wings

Troops:

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 220 pts
Plasma Gun
Hv Bolter
Power weapon (A/C)
Plasma Pistol (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)

Plasma Gun
Hv Bolter
Power weapon (A/C)
Plasma Pistol (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)

10 Plague Marines with A/C 290 pts
2 Plasma Gun
Plasma Pistol

F/A
10 Raptors with A/C 295 pts
Lightning clawsx2
Meltagun
Plasma Pistol
Icon of Khorne

Elite
5 Posessed with A/C 170 pts
Icon of Khorne

Total : 1495

I'm also looking for a way to use the models I have (no more than whats included) to make effective 1000pt, 750pt and 500pt armies...

comments?

·
Registered
5,539 Posts
HQ:
Demon Prince 200pts
Mark of Tz
Warptime
Bolt of Change
Wings
Nice. Expensive, but he'll kick ass. I think you may want to consider taking Wind of Chaos, though. Warptime will allow him to reroll the failed To Wound rolls for using that power. :)

Troops:

Plasma Gun
Hv Bolter
Power weapon (A/C)
Plasma Pistol (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)
I'd drop the heavy bolter. They're absolute garbage for the number of points that you pay. Grab a second plasma or something.

Plasma Gun
Hv Bolter
Power weapon (A/C)
Plasma Pistol (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)
As above.

10 Plague Marines with A/C 290 pts
2 Plasma Gun
Plasma Pistol
I suggest dropping the plasma pistol. Too many points for very little damage output.

F/A
10 Raptors with A/C 295 pts
Lightning clawsx2
Meltagun
Plasma Pistol
Icon of Khorne
Nice. I love everything here but the plasma pistol. Consider changing it out for another melta?

Elite
5 Posessed with A/C 170 pts
Icon of Khorne
This is a bold choice, but interesting. Let us know how this works out.

Hope this helps,

Katie D

EDIT: It just occurred to me that you're missing Heavy Support choices. I can't recommend picking up at least a unit of Havocs with missile launchers or something more. You really need the anti-tank.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe drop the Posseded (they've proven to be unreliable), 2 Raptors (units of ten are hard to deploy behind cover) and get 3 independant Obliberators for the Points.

I know, it is kind of lame, but since you have the 3 HS choices.

I think they would serve you better then some Havocs.

Lemartees

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Revised:

HQ:
Demon Prince 205pts
Mark of Tz
Warptime
Wind of Chaos
Wings

Troops:

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 215 pts
Plasma Gun
Lascannon
Power weapon (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 215 pts
Plasma Gun
Lascannon
Power weapon (A/C)
Havoc Launcher (Rhino)

10 Plague Marines with A/C 275 pts
2 Plasma Gun

F/A
10 Raptors with A/C 285 pts
Lightning clawsx2
Meltagunx2
Meltabombs
Icon of Khorne

HvS
3 Obliterators 225 Pts

Total 1520... where should I kill the 20pts?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would drop one of the Havoc Launchers, in my army I don't use them at all. My Rhino's die to easily for me to invest that many points in them:grin:.

For the other 5 points you could replace one of your Lascannons for a Missle Launcher. Missle Launchers have the same range, and Krak missles only have 1 lower strength and 1 higher AP. Also, you already have a Lascannon, and your raptors are pretty decked out for tank hunting. I would save the points for a slightly weaker weapons with the option to fire either Frag or Krak.

Oh yeah, my rhino always gets nailed by a krak missle way before meltas get in range, and i took extra armour:(.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Solved:

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 200 pts
Plasma Gun
Missile Launcher
Power Fist (A/C)

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 210 pts
Plasma Gun
Lascannon
Power fist (A/C)

The rest stay the same, and voila, 1500 on the nose

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just make sure, you field the 3 Obliberators single handed, so you dont have to deploy them all at once, you can target 3 individual targets per turn ...

Lemartes

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just make sure, you field the 3 Obliberators single handed, so you dont have to deploy them all at once, you can target 3 individual targets per turn ...

Lemartes
Also great for deployment. That's actually one of the reasons I have 3 big guns each in its own unit in my ork army. They plop down nice juicy 150pt+ heavy support choices and I set down my little 20 pt. guns. My other troops are then able to deploy with that knowledge.

I've also seen a some people advocating deep striking the oblits. Maybe on a terrain-heavy map, but otherwise it's nice to get more shots in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And...

TO play a 1000pt army...

HQ:
Demon Prince 205pts
Mark of Tz
Warptime
Wind of Chaos
Wings

HvS
3 Obliterators 225 Pts Deployed individually

10 Chaos Space Marines with Rhino and A/C 210 pts
Plasma Gun
Lascannon
Power fist (A/C)

F/A
10 Raptors with A/C 285 pts
Lightning clawsx2
Meltagunx2
Meltabombs
Icon of Khorne

975, with 25 points to spare, what should I do?

Things I'm worried about..

I'm playing an army of nids tomorrow, with this setup, i'm concerned about getting pwned in cc. he's probably going to use a zoanthrope with warp blast, a biovore, tyranid warriors, a big swarm of hormagaunts and a buttload of genestealers.

I found it very disappointing in the last game I played that the genestealers were rending and for some reason (don't know the name of the upgrade) cause 2 wounds for every one inflicted. needless to say i got horribly slaughtered.

What modifications should i make to this list to be more effective against the 'stealers?

I'm afraid of my Demon prince getting killed too fast by the stealers, and the possibility of my raptors just getting torn to shreds.

that and the biovore kept my rhino from moving all game.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Double tapping bolters after getting out of rhinos will do a number on stealers. can't see there being many in such a small game either.

Can't see the biovore being that effective. Even if it aims at the rear of your armour, it still has to roll to scatter, choosing the highest, even then it has to roll at least 7 on two dice. Just make sure you have extra armour on your rhinos!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Enjoyed the list and I am considering using it for at battle soon.
But what am I missing, the total ends up as 1400 for me not 1500...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts