Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so a friend of mine is starting a campaign but wanted to lower the points cost to 1500 for some weird reason. so here is what I came up with

GUO 190
Breath of chaos

GUO 190
breath of chaos

3 flamers 105

3 flamers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

5 pink horros 95
bolt of change

5 pink horrors 95
bolt of change

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

so it leaves me with 85 points that i don't know what to do with. I am debating if I should change one GUO to a bloodthirster with unholy might with the last couple of points or what. Tell me what you think I should do with the last couple of points

·
Registered
88 Posts
As I am coming into the mega love for bloodletters I would cut one of the GUO for a tzeentch herald with all the biz (110 points) thats another 80 points saved and then with your 165 points I would buy 10 bloodletters. That way you get even more shooty, still have a scary ass monstrous creature and the awesomeness that is bloodletters.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hhmm I am not a fan of heralds at all. but i was thinking of getting some letters in the list. i could drop one of the units of horrors to do it. I'm still not entirely sure

·
Registered
88 Posts
tzeentch herald is awesome how can you not be a fan? 5 wounds, can jet around like a bike and has so many abilities that make it good at shooting (gaze, bolt, master of sorcery and we are legion) for just 110 points its an absolute steal.

Also just realised with your horrors why havent you upgraded one of the units to have the changling? that guy is worth his weight in gold.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like having a monstrous creature over a herald any day.( it's more a personal preference than anything )

I don't have a changeling model. I will have to convert one before I try using one

·
Registered
88 Posts
there isn't actually a changling model at the moment (that I'm aware of) I have just painted one of my horrors completely different to the others. Never had someone moan about it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
alright so a friend of mine is starting a campaign but wanted to lower the points cost to 1500 for some weird reason. so here is what I came up with

GUO 190
Breath of chaos

GUO 190
breath of chaos
These seem a little expensive. As GUOs are best used as big, fat, smelly distractions I like to keep them as cheap as possible. Just give them Cloud of Flies and they are golden.

3 flamers 105

3 flamers 105
Just perfect.
7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105

7 plaguebearers 105
Lovely, fluffy, cheap and universally useful.

5 pink horros 95
bolt of change

5 pink horrors 95
bolt of change
If you drop the breath on the GUOs you can have more of these. What's not to love?

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

soulgrinder 160
phlegm
Uuuuurrrkkk!!! Well, at least that's what I think they sound like when they start puking pieplates on marines.

so it leaves me with 85 points that i don't know what to do with. I am debating if I should change one GUO to a bloodthirster with unholy might with the last couple of points or what. Tell me what you think I should do with the last couple of points
Solid list all round. Just add more horrors :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks. can't really add more horrors. xb I only own ten.

·
Registered
37 Posts
All I have with my Heralds of Tzeentch is just the chariot of Tzeentch, it makes them sooo good, the enemy feels like they have to kill them or they'll be picking off units. And all for a cheap as chips 65pts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have found myself intrested in the chaos daemons recently and when i saw your list i thought i would give it a try to see how i got on and to see if it's an army i would want to play/collect, i have made a list based on the one in this thread so instead of starting a new thread about it i would just tag on to the end of this one with the chages i think work well, hope thats ok:eek:k:

so here it is:
GUO 165
Cloud of flies

GUO 165
Cloud of flies

3 flamers 105

5 Bloodcrushers 200

7 plaguebearers 120
Instrument of chaos,Noxious touch

7 plaguebearers 120

7 plaguebearers 110
Instrument of chaos

5 pink horros 100
bolt of change,Changling upgrade

5 pink horrors 95
bolt of change

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

Total 1500 points

let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I have found myself intrested in the chaos daemons recently and when i saw your list i thought i would give it a try to see how i got on and to see if it's an army i would want to play/collect, i have made a list based on the one in this thread so instead of starting a new thread about it i would just tag on to the end of this one with the chages i think work well, hope thats ok:eek:k:

so here it is:
GUO 165
Cloud of flies

GUO 165
Cloud of flies
I don't know why people like Cloud of Flies, on a Monstrous Creature they are pretty useless. If your using them GUO as distractions I say just keep them base

3 flamers 105

5 Bloodcrushers 200
Love it

7 plaguebearers 120

7 plaguebearers 120

7 plaguebearers 110
Instrument of chaos

5 pink horros 100
bolt of change,Changling upgrade

5 pink horrors 95
bolt of change
Perfect base of troops that will equal out when splitting the two different deepstrike forces

soulgrinder 160
phlegm

soulgrinder 160
phlegm
Marine Killers...'nuff said

Total 1500 points

let me know what you guys think
I like the list

·
Registered
387 Posts
cloud of flies is there simply to reduce the amount of attack the Guo will take when they get charged,I know the assassult grenade part of the rule is useless on a Guo since they are such a low int but the defence grenades are well worth 5points imo,

thanks for you reply though seems like the rest of the changes I made look good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts