- Flamestorm Cannon
- Heavy Flamer Sponsons
- Stormbolter

Heavy Support

Vindicator 165 Points.
- Extra-Armour
- Dozerblade

Overall Points: 1501

Edit- My second draft of the Angels Sanguine, drawn from the advice of varying users, but still in-keeping with the general aesthetics and theme of the Successor Chapter as a whole :)

·
Registered
990 Posts
I would also get a power fist onto the DC in the rhino. Extra armour too if you have 15 points lying around.

Drop the 5 man jump pack DC for a 10 man RAS with jump packs, 2 meltas & a power fist. Astorath can lead this unit instead, it won't have him raging towards things he doesn't want to go towards, it's more bodies & it scores... which is handy in the eventuality you need to grab an objective.

Dallas

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would also get a power fist onto the DC in the rhino. Extra armour too if you have 15 points lying around.

Drop the 5 man jump pack DC for a 10 man RAS with jump packs, 2 meltas & a power fist. Astorath can lead this unit instead, it won't have him raging towards things he doesn't want to go towards, it's more bodies & it scores... which is handy in the eventuality you need to grab an objective.

Dallas
The advice is appreciated :victory: Having spoken to another Blood Angels' fan today, his advice was near identical (Alongside what Katie also said) and seem's to suit the Blood Angels theme that more so.:so_happy:

·
Registered
11 Posts
The chapter banner is not as useful, 5 extra attacks and a leadership re-roll within 12" for 30 pts. I originaly thought it was +1 attack to everyone within 12" but it's not.

DC unit is tiny, larger might be better.

1 assault squad is realy too few for 1500pts. 10 dead guys and you can't score.
1 sanguinary priest is difficult to run. Although you only have 2 units that benifit from his FnP + FC bonus.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The chapter banner is not as useful, 5 extra attacks and a leadership re-roll within 12" for 30 pts. I originaly thought it was +1 attack to everyone within 12" but it's not.

DC unit is tiny, larger might be better.

1 assault squad is realy too few for 1500pts. 10 dead guys and you can't score.
1 sanguinary priest is difficult to run. Although you only have 2 units that benifit from his FnP + FC bonus.
I'm not too sure about the Chapter Banner on the Sanguinary Guard. I mean, for 30 points (Which is expensive, considering how... 'tight' the list is) but still, alongside the Sanguinor, makes the unit deadly in combat.

Death Company... Yes. They can be dropped, and replaced for a Tactical Squad I think. Much more effective at claiming objects, and again, the squad is more for numbers and bolter-fire.

The Sanguinary Priest is there to ''buff'' the Assault Squad, really. I considered splitting the Squads into 2 of 5 and giving both Priests, but a single unit is more effective?

Thanks for the advice, guys. Keep it coming:victory:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I considered splitting the Squads into 2 of 5 and giving both Priests, but a single unit is more effective?
1 Priest can buff two squads, 5 man squads should never get a Priest each because you're paying so many points just to buff 5 MEQs. Run 1 & just be carful with your placement of him, since he's a 1 wound IC you'll want him towards the middle/back of the unit anyway.

Dallas

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In a shrewd move to bump this thread, I simply ask: Do I have enough Anti-Vehicle, Walker and Monster firepower? The Furioso Dreadnought, the Sanguinor and his retinue of `Guard, alongside the Assault Marines and the `Priest will be sufficient to deal with opponents in the Close Combat phase (Except possibly MC's) The Vindicator, alongside a peppering of Plasma/Melta weaponry serves the ''Heavy'' role well, but a lucky hit upon either the Tactical Squad and/or Vindicator would easily neutralise this.

Options? Taking a Librarian, or Librarian Furioso? Devastator squad? Terminators? I think a Stormraven is perhaps a little too expensive for 1500, but still...

·
Registered
990 Posts
In a shrewd move to bump this thread, I simply ask: Do I have enough Anti-Vehicle, Walker and Monster firepower? The Furioso Dreadnought, the Sanguinor and his retinue of `Guard, alongside the Assault Marines and the `Priest will be sufficient to deal with opponents in the Close Combat phase (Except possibly MC's) The Vindicator, alongside a peppering of Plasma/Melta weaponry serves the ''Heavy'' role well, but a lucky hit upon either the Tactical Squad and/or Vindicator would easily neutralise this.
In short, no. You only really have a few infernus pistols, a power fist & a single melta gun. You really want more melta in there, personally I think you have too many 'toys' for 1.5k: your HQ is way over priced (over the price of 2 Librarians with jump packs for example), the sang guard are also expensive & I would favour a unit of honour guard myself (I know I'm messing with your theme here so sorry, I just think the whole Sanguinor/sang guard work better at 2k). At a bare minimum get 2 meltaguns into that RAS & leave the hair-dryers at home.

Options? Taking a Librarian, or Librarian Furioso? Devastator squad? Terminators? I think a Stormraven is perhaps a little too expensive for 1500, but still...
2 Librarians, one leading an honour guard with 4 meltaguns & one leading the RAS would do nicely; both can run Blood Lance & Sword of Sanguinus to boost your anti tank. The Librarian Furioso isn't really worth it - I've had mixed results. Devastators are nice too but it's dependent on your taste really, I don't use them.

Dallas

Edit: If you get stuck for points you might want to remove the lightning claw from the SHP, he doesn't need it & will probably die quicker with a special weapon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts