Rhino
EA

Vindicator
DP

Vindicator
DP

2 Obliterators

Total:

The metagame of my local store is of footsloggers. Mech is rare, whether it is full or partial. The Chaos Lord goes with the Noise Marines and the Chosen and Plague Marines will run together, concentrating fire on infantry squads. The obliterators and daemon prince will provide anti tank support and the vindicators will rain heretical death on the best targets in each turn. I want this list to be an optimised list for friendly games.

Edit: I had calculated the points on the Chosen incorrectly and so I now have 40 points to spend.
Any suggestions? Also, summoned daemons, are they useful for tying up non-combat squads such as devastators, or is that points that I could use on something else?

·
Registered
941 Posts
trade all the plasmas to meltas, all the DPs to EAs, and give the NMs a blast master and a sonic pistol!:eek:k:

·
Registered
941 Posts
landraiders get DP, everything else gets EA!:nono:

·
4,491 Posts
This is what I have so far:

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoS
LoS
Looks good.

Chaos Lord
MoS
Blissgiver
You said that your local metagame is lacking mech. I would HIGHLY recommend taking a second Lash Prince.

7 Chosen
ICoG
4 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA
Seems expensive for Chosen. I would try going with 5 Chosen with 5 Melta/Plasma in a Rhino. Keep them cheap as they are basically a suicide unit. Dont worry about EA or IoCG, and definitely don't have more than 5 models in the unit.

6 Noise Marines
Noise Champion
Doom Siren
Powerfist
Rhino
EA
In a Lash list, Noise Marines are better off sitting at the back of the board with their Blastmasters. I would drop the unit down to 5, drop the Champ, drop the Doom Siren, drop the Powerfist, drop the EA, and add a Blastmaster. Not only will the unit be more effective, but it will also save you almost 100 points.

7 Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Powerfist
2 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA
Looks good.

Vindicator
DP
Good.

Vindicator
DP
Good.

2 Obliterators
Good.

Total:

The metagame of my local store is of footsloggers. Mech is rare, whether it is full or partial. The Chaos Lord goes with the Noise Marines and the Chosen and Plague Marines will run together, concentrating fire on infantry squads. The obliterators and daemon prince will provide anti tank support and the vindicators will rain heretical death on the best targets in each turn. I want this list to be an optimised list for friendly games.
You might want to double-check some of your point values too.

·
4,491 Posts
landraiders get DP, everything else gets EA!:nono:
Im sorry, but you are wrong.
I have been playing a triple-Vindi list competitively for well over 100 games now, and have only ever lost 1, so dont tell me that im wrong.:threaten:

Try running a Vindi with EA, and try running one with DP. You will soon see which is better, and you will be regretting your comment.

If you give a Vindicator EA, all that does is change stunned to shaken. Either way, you cant shoot.
Anything from 1-4 on a glancing hit, and your vehicle cant shoot, 5 is weapon destroyed, and 6 is immobilized.
Taking DP instead means that you ignore everything from 1-4 on a glance, and 1-2 on a pen.
If you dont take it, then you may as well use the thing as a mobile piece of scenery.

EDIT: PM sent.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've yet to play with Vindicators, so I can't say much from experience, but as far as logic goes...I have to agree with King of Cheese. I mean...the whole purpose of the Vindicator is to blow the enemy troops to oblivion. If he's getting hit with crew stunned/shaken results the whole game it seems like a waste. Just my thinking...:scratchhead:

·
Registered
670 Posts

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoS
LoS

Chaos Lord
MoS
Blissgiver

7 Chosen
ICoG
4 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA

6 Noise Marines
Noise Champion
Doom Siren
Powerfist
Rhino
EA

7 Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Powerfist
2 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA

Vindicator
DP

Vindicator
DP

2 Obliterators

Total:

Lash Princes aren't that good because they die just as well as a normal Prince but they belong in combat and lash is keeping them out in order to use it. Oh, you should take monstrous creatures in pairs for unit redundancy.

No need for 4 plasma guns on the Chosen because you want to stay in the Rhino as long as possible. You fire from the hatch then only 2 can fire so the other 2 plasmas are being wasted. Don't need extra armour either as not in a rush to get anywhere seems they have a 24" range.

Lack of melta and anti tank will be a major problem for you. You only have 2 Oblits for melta kill them and armour is safe as Vindicators aren't a massive problem unless the blast template hits, flank the sides and rear on them and they'll be toast as well and then you have nothing to pop armour.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Chill out pal.
agreed and man, you should have seen his PM! whew! (I apologize if you disagree, but I was giving advice which I thought was right)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Lmao

Warhammer is SRS BSN!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Let me just clarify something for everyone..

Extra Armour is for transports...

Daemonic Possession is for anything that you value the use of in the shooting phase...

Also, nobody likes bickering on the forum please try and be more civil guys. The OP didnt post his/her list so we can argue on this thread. People have a difference of opinion but this devolving can be avoided...

@Lorgar = If you are going to suggest something as strongly as you did you should at least give your own reasons for it whether others think that it is right or wrong. This way you seem much less dismissive and at least give others a basis for a civil argument.

@King of Cheese = Your points about Daemonic Possession are quite right in my opinion but there are better ways to get your message across.

In summary guys try not to hijack this thread and use the difference of opinion to help the Original Poster.. not hinder them.

Back to the topic..

Its a fairly decent list but I wonder how you are to use your chosen. I find that chosen squads end up being suicide squads and I am just wondering how you will use yours.

I am not a great fan of relying on a couple of vindi's and 2 obliterators as your anti-mech. This may work for you but I like a few melta guns in my list. Either on the plague marines or chosen. The noise marines have enough shooty prowess that you can afford to drop some plasma somewhere..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its a fairly decent list but I wonder how you are to use your chosen. I find that chosen squads end up being suicide squads and I am just wondering how you will use yours.

I am not a great fan of relying on a couple of vindi's and 2 obliterators as your anti-mech. This may work for you but I like a few melta guns in my list. Either on the plague marines or chosen. The noise marines have enough shooty prowess that you can afford to drop some plasma somewhere..
I will be using my chosen to beat up on squads of infantry in conjunction with the plague marines and I would be doing this by getting out of the rhino. Thinking about it though, if I am going to do that, Thousand Sons or more Plague Marines instead of Chosen would be better seeing as they are more resilient. Like I mentioned in the OP mech is rare at my local store, even in the local tournaments, which is why I have only intended for the Obliterators and Daemon Prince to take down tanks. With that said, a little extra melta couldnt hurt.

Replies in general, thanks for the advice, but since the edit and the mixed feelings on the chosen some advice as a replacement for them would be nice. As far as taking an extra lash prince, I'm not too big on taking two DPs as they are meant to be rare, however I'm not adverse to taking a sorceror instead, although what I would do about his deployment will take some thought. Again, as mentioned in the edit, summoned daemons? Yay or Nay?

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
How much Horde is used at your local store, if theres a fair bit, you may want to reconsider adding flamers and other nice anti-horde!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
thought. Again, as mentioned in the edit, summoned daemons? Yay or Nay?
I am a big fan of lesser daemons to be fair.. They are cheap and are also scoring units. The fact that they can assault after deepstriking is very very useful too like you wouldnt believe..

I suppose it depends on playstyle and army make-up but I will give you an example of how i find them extremely useful..

Kharn the betrayer is well-known for killing his own berserkers. Something that can be quite an annoyance. Unless playing against orks though or something with a similar and resilient unit size. Kharn when coupled with a unit of berserkers can often be overkill.. So I deepstrike some lesser daemons in the form of bloodletters in and move him over to that unit.

That way when he hits his own unit (if and when) he wounds them I at least get a 5+ invuln save against his betrayer attacks and if they do die I am only losing half the amount of points..

Remember they can deepstrike in only on an icon of chaos so you will have to distribute some evenly amongst your other forces. Failure to have an icon on the board when they become available will destroy them!

Personally I love lesser daemons and I think they are quite underrated. They make great last minute objective takers and there is nothing more satisfying than rescuing a unit in trouble by having a bunch of lesser daemons spawn nearby and jump into a losing combat only to turn the tide.

Just make sure you use bloodletters.. because all the other chaos powers are girly...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@ROT: There are a couple of horde armies, and using flamers on the chosen keeps them nice and cheap, gives me points for other things.

@Hesky: The daemons cheapness was what got me thinking, and their stat line isn't too bad either. My main idea for using them was to use a unit of at least 10 and throw them into a dedicated shooting unit and stop them from shooting for at least a couple of turns, or use them to screen more expensive units from heavy fire or from dedicated assault units.

·
Registered
281 Posts

Daemon Prince
Wings
MoS
LoS
-One lash is not very affective and really a warptime nurgle prince is a better cc monster at this point level.
Chaos Lord
MoS
Blissgiver
-Drop him for a second prince or use the points to get a third troops choice.
7 Chosen
ICoG
4 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA
-I'd run these guys w/ 2 meltas and 2 plasmas for duality if you really want to run them.
6 Noise Marines
Noise Champion
Doom Siren
Powerfist
Rhino
EA
-These guys are built to shoot, so either give them some ranged weapons or drop them for a second squad of plague marines.
7 Plague Marines
Plague Champion
Powerfist
2 Plasma Guns
Rhino
EA
-Drop the plasma. You have this covered w/the chosen. Give these guys meltas so they can shoot and assault.
Vindicator
DP
-These are to taste really, if you're good at using these guys then take the possession.
Vindicator
DP

2 Obliterators
-Meh, at least they give you fire support. I 'd drop them for a 3rd vindie at this point. That way you can create an AV13 wall for your rhinos.
Total:

Edit: I had calculated the points on the Chosen incorrectly and so I now have 40 points to spend.
Any suggestions? Also, summoned daemons, are they useful for tying up non-combat squads such as devastators, or is that points that I could use on something else?
-I'd really suggest a 3rd cheap troop choice for your list. And I'd invest in some fire support or go for the AV 13 wall I mentioned earlier.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts