Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so me and a buddy began playing together and we both built huge armies and well we go nowhere cus its hard to learn at high points so we backed off and went to 1k lists then we moved to 1200 point lists now we are upping to 1500. I am running Black Legion but till i get the codex and get shit worked out better im not putting Veterans on everyone. here is the list it comes out at just 1 point over 1500 so he wont bitch

HQ-Abaddon the Despoiler 265
HQ-Chaos Sorcerer, Mastery Lvl 3, spell familiar 125
Elite-Chaos Terminators, 2x Powerfists, Lightning Claw pair, Reaper Autocannon, Mark of Khorne 218
Elite-Helbrute 100
Elite-Helbrute, Twin linked Las Cannon, Power Scourge 135
Troop-10x Chaos Space Marines, 2x Plasma guns, Mark of Tzeentch, Power weapon on champ 205
Troop-10x Chaos Space Marines, 2x Melta gun, Mark of Tzeentch, power fist on champ 205
Fast-5x Raptors, Flamer x1 Mark of Slaanesh, Power weapon on champ 125
Fast-3x Chaos Bikers, Mark of Nurgle , 2x flamers for CCW, Power weapon and combi flamer on champ 123

I dont have many other models and the way some of them are kitted out is how they are simply because well i put them together like that and well the only way to change them is to destroy them as i used model glue to put them together. But any advice would be lovely and if i can change some things i will try

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Can't help but feel MoT is a waste on CSM--would much rather have MoN or something, if you want to make them tougher defensively.

I'd get an invuln on that sorc.

Not a fan of Helbrutes, personally, unless you use the Helbrute Formation dataslates, but if you say your choice of models is limited... got to trust you on that one.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Agree with Mossy, MoT is wasted on marines, better with MoN, and those Termis I feel would be better off with a MoS and an icon of Excess with Abbadon in the unit so he gets FnP too. Sorcerer also needs an invul as Mossy said.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well in addition to what i have in that list i have 19 cultists, one Heldrake, a land raider, one forgefiend the chosen from the dark vengance box, one warpsmith, terminator armored sorcerer, two squads of thousand sons, a daemon prince (no wings) a squad of warp talons, and like four marines with a flamer, heavy bolter, and two with just bolters i think, i also have the chaos lord from the DV box as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok refined the list a bit

Abaddon-265
Chaos Sorcerer, M lvl 3, Aura of dark glory, spell familiar -140
5x Terminators, MoS, same weapon loadouts Icon of Excess -263
Both Helbrutes same as they were - 235
10x CSM, MoN, powerweapon on champ, one plasma and one melta - 210
10x CSM, same as the above -210
Dropped the bikes and raptors and added
Forgefiend, ectoplasma cannons -175

list now comes in at 1498 is this one better or other? I mostly play against Nids because everyone else in my wargaming league has only 1000 point armies and they cant play but once or twice a month

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Abaddon is great against Nids--they have little AP 2 shooting that can put the pain on him (besides, say, a multi-shot Exocrine) and he can absolutely slaughter anything they can throw at him.

Forgefiend is all well and good, but I've found that the HACs instead of EPCs makes him more of a threat against flyers (especially if you can get a Prescience in there somehow--say, a Termi Sorc with Balestar of Mannon from Crimson Slaughter, or something.. but I dunno where you'd get the points if not by taking out Abaddon, and that's probably not a good idea): putting wounds on, say, an enemy Crone with its AP4 especially well.

Last edition I would have said "drop the Helbrutes for a Heldrake" pretty quickly, but the 'Drake has taken something of a kicking from the various weapon nerfs and Vector Strike nerfs it's had to swallow from FAQs and 7e.

I'd try to get more lightning claws into a MoS Termi squad, honestly, if possible. If not--not too much of a loss.

I would put 2 meltas in one squad and 2 plasmas in the other--that way those units can focus on the types of enemies they are most effective against, rather than splitting their fire with only kinda-useful shotsw. Meltas can ID Warriors and Zoanthropes and Venomthropes, for instance, while Plasma is great for getting wounds on MCs--but can also stick to more of a distance. With units devoted to specific tasks, they can get more done more reliably, I find.

Keep that Daemon Prince for in case you roll a Dark Apotheosis result with somebody besides Abaddon, I say. A wingless Prince isn't much use otherwise, I daresay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts