20 x Slugga Boyz - 160
-Nob, PK, BP

20 x Slugga Boyz - 160
-Nob, PK, BP

20 x Slugga Boyz - 160
-Nob, PK, BP

·
4,491 Posts
Im not really a fan of the fast/slow lists. It is much more effective running either all fast or all slow.

I understand the idea behind the list though, and it does work to an extent, but it doesnt perform on the table as well as you think.

2 Warbosses is a waste if there is only 1 unit of Nobz too.

If it was me, i would be dropping all of the Boyz to add in a second squad of Nob Bikers, and add an extra model or 2 to the first unit.
Running 2 units of 6-7 plus a Warboss in each, and using the leftover points for 3 units of Lootas.

Or the other simple option, drop the Nobz and the Warbosses for a Mek with KFF and Battlewagons for the Boyz, but we have already covered that style of army in your other threads. :)

Oh, just a side note, i really enjoy seeing your list ideas. I look forward to seeing your lists, and find it interesting to see a different perspective on some of the units.
Keep them coming, and ill be happy to keep commenting. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This list is based off the 2500 point list that came runner up in the east coast 'ard boyz tournament.

I agree, I think it fails in 1500 points.

I like the concept of Bike wall though, I think it would be more effective than kan wall overall. If you run (and I mean run) the slugga boyz behind the nobs on bikes, they are intentionally drawing fire and are a little more survivable than kanz. I think 2000 point minimum for this list though.

·
4,491 Posts
Main trouble is when you come up against something like IG.

Manticores will devastate both your Nobz and Boyz.
D3 templates dropping on your Nobz and wounding on 2's.
You will still get your 5+inv, but its instant death for any wounded.
One Manticore alone is quite capable of getting rid of the entire squad in 1 turn, including the Warbosses who will be instant-killed by the S10 too.

The idea can work, but is more suited to a lot higher point values.
Once you start getting around 2000+ then it becomes a (maybe) viable option.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts