Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a revision of the thread http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66524 where I was trying to work out a 1k beastman army. Due to the % size of the Lords/ I could not fit the ideal Doombull/ slugtounge combo that I loved

Here is a revised army list at 1500 that would enable me to see that army come to reality.

LORD:
Doombull. 360 pts
Gnarled hide, Brass Cleaver, Ramhorn helm, Dawnstone, enchanted shield, Ironcurse icon, Heavy Armor. BSB
1+ armor save (rerolling all failed saves) and getting a free attack at base strength against any unit in base contact and that failed to penetrate his armor

Heros: total 306

Slugtounge: 190
(regen, lvl 2 shaman, poison attacks, curse of famine fiend aka: a-bomb)

Wargor. 110
Gnarled hide, heavy armor, shield, AHW.
just a leader to help out the ungor block w/ his ld 8 and general to let the Doombull be the BSB

CORE: 477

Gor Herd: 23 + SB&Musician: 212 (Wargor will join this group)
Ungor: spear block (23) 153 (slugtounge will join this group)
Ungor Raider: 10 (w/ musician) 63
Ungor Raider 10 (w/ Musician) 63

Special: 364
Bestigors: 16 +banner of swiftness = 219
*doombull will lead this group adding his 6+ ward against warmachines
Razorgor chariot: 145

TOTAL SIZE: 1507
(drats!)
I like the feel of this army. However, there are a few things that I'm unsure about.

#1 I would like to add the 'razor' banner to the bestigors for armor piercing, but can't get the 30 points.

#2: not sure about the Razorgor Chariot. Does it count into the % for the 'heroes' or in special?

#3 should I ditch the razorgor chariot and add more to each unit, making some 'hordes' and possibly some warhounds? If i did, would there be hard hitting units left?

#4 with the build my wargor has, he could be the BSB, and allow for a magical banner. Could be interesting...

I feel that this would be a great list for 1k, but at 1500, it might be lacking hard hitting units. That gorebull will be rampaging through the battle-field and his sped up bestigors as well.

Thank you for all your help in the previous thread and as always, open to suggestions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings!

I've recently only started Beastmen, but I notice a few problems.

First, you can only have one copy of each Gift of Chaos, meaning that you can't have Gnarled Hide on both the Doombull and Wargor.

Secondly, I believe it also says that only a Gorebull or Wargor can be the BSB, which means your Doombull couldn't have it.

To answer your question concerning the Razorgor Chariot, it only counts toward your special points unless a character is riding it. If a character is riding, then it counts toward the Lord/Hero slot.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Iceman *teethsnap*

I'll probably add 'many limbed fiend' or something to the wargor and make him the BSB. This will enable me to add a magic banner to him and make the Bestigor/doombull unit less of a magnet for ranged attacks, spells

1 - 3 of 3 Posts