power fist
3x combi-melta
drop pod

Assault terminators-200
3x LC, 2x TH/SS

Land raider crusader-260
multi-melta

Vindicator-115

leaves me with 100 points to spend, any ideas?

Pedro runs with termies in the raider and kills nasty stuff (or tries to). The sternguard drop in and do their best to be a nuisance in the enemy deployment area or just grab an objective in no mans land. The tacticals are going to combat squad, the meltas in the razors to toast heavy armour and provide speed bumps. The missiles pop transports and protect the home objective.

how does this look? what should I do with those 100 points?

See less See more
#3 ·
each tactical squad is 10 man, the sternguard is 5 man, and 5 termies. i was considering some scouts but maybe the points would be better used getting 2 more terminators + some upgrades? maybe a thunberfire or a whirlwind for crowd conrtol?

#4 ·
100pts eh. Seeing as there's room in the landraider you could get 2 more terminators to boost their survivability and destruction...

Otherwise howabout a cheap predator(LC turret no sponsons or AC turret HB Sponsons)? Gives your enemy another tank they have to split their fire between so potentially drawing less fire on your vindicator. Also it could help support your ML Marines in transport killing :victory:

#5 ·
100 pts.= Thunderfire cannon
And I'd lose the fist on the sternguard since the way you've got them kitted out they're basically suicide melta.

#7 ·
thanks for all the feedback guys. I guess i could drop the powerfist and get anther sternguard, i also noticed that the tacticals are 215 each, so i have 120 points to play with :blush: . How about an AC/LC predator?

#8 ·
AC/LC preads are pretty good, they generally kill Rhinos but can go for heavier targets when the Rhinos are gone. Otherwise you could consider a flak dread (2x TLAC) for killing Rhinos.

#10 ·
for KP missions, i was planning to keep the tacticals back and just send the vehicles forward, to screw with target priority so my termies can kick the shit out of the enemy and just roll through their army. sternguard would still go on a suicide run, taking out the nastiest vehicle the enemy has. That sound like a good plan?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.