power fist
3x combi-melta
drop pod

Assault terminators-200
3x LC, 2x TH/SS

Land raider crusader-260
multi-melta

Vindicator-115

The plan is for pedro to ride with the assault marines in the land raider so they can get his +1 attack bonus. They will attack the enemy where they are strongest, allowing the rest of my army to advance. The sternguard will either enter and grab an objective in no-mans land or try to take out something valuable at the start if the game. The tacticals will combat squad and go tank hunting whilst the scouts hold the home objective. The vindicator is there to draw fire and to take chunks out of the enemy before they get into cc so the terminators can roll over them.

what do you think?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I like it. It looks good. If I had to list a change it would be to replace the vind with a dakka pred and give the tac squads either pw or combi-flamers.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i find units of honour gaurd with relic blades and a chaplain tear through anything ran a unit of 5 once in a winner stays on untill everything is dead casultie where not replaced they single handedly ate through about 40 marines 12 tau warriors marneus calagar and a unit of 30 ork boyz with 1 guy dead in return

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was also considerang an honour guard unit, they are 5pts cheaper than terminators and can sweeping advance. on the other hand invulnerable saves are vital in cc, especially considering my opponents are usually BA or CSM. I can give both a try if i have time. I might swap the vindi out to help with long range crowd control but i like to keep my combat squads cheap and cheerful equipped only with what they need to acheive a particular mission.

aside from that is the list good?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess i can give that a try, is the rest of the list solid?

·
Registered
442 Posts
not sure about the scouts drop them for assult cannons on ur razor backs and take a redeemer over crusader alot better as you don't need ther transport capacity

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I prefer the crusader tbh because it can move 12" and still fire all weapons. This is good because after it unloads the termies it can zip behind the main advance and chew up the long range support. I dont tend to use seige shield and have never gotten stuck in terrain due to a lack of one. I might drop the scouts for lascannon/linked plasma gun turrets because the bolters and the crusader should be able to handle most hordes.

If i drop the scouts wount i be a bit light on scoring units? with 3-5 scoring units i guess i should be fine, but with 5, they all only have 5 men, and 5 marines arent that hard to kill.

thanks for the advice, will see what i do to the list and post a revised version tommorow

1 - 9 of 9 Posts