+DeffRolla

5 kommandos + snikrot - 135
+2 Burnas

Total: 1404

Deployment:

--KK---KK----KK-------KK----KK---KK
Shootas---Battle Wagon---Shootas

Tactics:
Mek & Slugga Boys go in the Battle Wagon. Snikrot, Kommmandos, & Warboss coming on as reserves behind enemy lines. Split up on arrival. Warboss to take out Mech. Snikrot & Kommandos to take out infantry. Gretchin take objectives. (Will go to ground for the entire game.)

My worries:
The Battle Wagon & Warboss won't survive to turn 2. I only have one Battle Wagon so it'll be target #1. If it blows up my KFF goes with it and my footsloggers get destroyed at range. I'm not really sure how to remedy this. Would attaching the Big Mek to a mob of 30 Shoota Boys be better than putting him in a BW?

·
Registered
212 Posts
one battlewagon is indeed a giant target for massive vollies of fire, and you pose no ranged threat, so they´ll enjoy shooting you into bits before you finally do some damage,and the damage sadly will probably only be minor, compared to the major krumpin´ you could have delivered with faster speed and maybe lootas.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'd drop your warboss and get another big mek with a kff so your force isn't bunched together.

Drop the grots and put the other unit of boyz back up to 30. Then drop the big shootas because you have enough fire power anyway.

Ditch the kommandos as they don't scare anyone except tau and guard static gunlines and the single battlewagon as it's a easy target.

The kanz, your example shows 12 but you've only listed 6. Also you can have 3 per unit so if you did have units of 2 you can only get 6, though like I said your example shows 12.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Yeha your one battlewagon is not going to do much. Battlwagons are better in groups of threes.
Also the boss on the bike is going to get killed before being able to get much done.
I would add either a deffdread in there to make it a complete armored walking wall. You could add some lootas for long range support instead of kommandos. 5 kommandos are not going to do much at this poit level 1700 and up is when they are useful.

I'm not a big lover of grots so I would get rid of them for something more useful.

I like to go for the unexpected so I add a group of big gun kannons in my army to give the army some long range punch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where would you guys reccomend placing a KFF Mek in a kan line? I only took the BW to protect him. Wouldn't he be vulnerable to blast markers if I put him with the boyz?

Am I right in thinking that Kan Wall Lists are mutually exclusive with Battle Wagons? :(

What if I put a small unit of nob bikers with the warboss? That might help him live longer?

·
Registered
670 Posts
You don't need the wagon as it's the only transport and will have a bullseye painted on it. You're paying at least 90 points just for a armour shield which will be moving same pace as the boyz, which move slower than the vehicle. Drop it and increase numbers of kanz.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Where would you guys reccomend placing a KFF Mek in a kan line? I only took the BW to protect him. Wouldn't he be vulnerable to blast markers if I put him with the boyz?
No more so than the rest of the boyz he's running with. Independent characters who have joined a squad can't be picked out as individual targets, so that gives him some safety. Unfortunately, large mobs are ALWAYS going to be somewhat vulnerable to blast markers, unless they're in a transport.

Am I right in thinking that Kan Wall Lists are mutually exclusive with Battle Wagons? :(
Well, the thing about Kan Hordes is that they're going to be moving rather slowly. If you put your mek in a BW and speed him away from the Kans, then the Kans will lose their cover save. However, they're certainly hardy enough to shrug off most small-arms fire, so you should be able to get away with this. I don't think you should get rid of the kans entirely, as the Grotzookas make them great at anti-infantry, while their DCCW's will let them open up vehicles nicely. Just maybe reevaluate what you want them to do on the field.

What if I put a small unit of nob bikers with the warboss? That might help him live longer?
This will definitely help his survivability. a lone warboss on a bike is a big target. Give him some friends to spread the shots around with, + a painboy!

I agree that you should drop or beef up the Kommandos. I don't think they're all that viable at that squad size.

Also, I'd recommend buying at least 1 big shoota for your wagon, so it isn't wiped out by a single "weapon destroyed" result. Your BW will be your opponent's primary target, methinks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts