Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all! I used to play 40k a lot about 2 years ago and started a BA army but stopped the hobby all together for personal reasons. Now I'm back and I am slowly learning how to play this game again but, building army's was never my strong point and now I'm back to a starter newb :(.

Now im going to put a list of what I would like to have and not like to have on this list since its kinda of a Chapter theme list (Red Scorpions):
*No specific named units like Death company or Named HQ's
*No crazy mech army I like infantry and not 100 tanks on my side (2-3 vehicles is fine and this includes dreads)
*Every unit I have here I want to keep but the weapons can be changed out. And can you explain why you put those units
*1500 Points max
*Does not have to be Tournament ready list trying to have fun with this army.

HQ: Captain (Powerfist) (Jumpack) 150p

Troops: Assualt squad(5) (melta) 110p
Assualt squad(5) (melta)110p

Fast attack: Vanguard veteran squad: (Power weaponsx4) 175p

Heavy support:
Devastator Squad(5) (4x plasma cannons) 150p

So far it is 695p. If I did the math right...

·
Registered
51 Posts
red scorpions have chapter tactics for free on forge world, but that aside;

if you're trying for a themed list, why not put some sanguinary priests in the assault squads to make them a little more survivable?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
red scorpions have chapter tactics for free on forge world, but that aside;

if you're trying for a themed list, why not put some sanguinary priests in the assault squads to make them a little more survivable?
If your talking about that PDF one with multiple chapter special rules...I wouldn't call that tactics but I do like the idea of sanguinary priests. That fits in with their lore as well. Thank you for the suggestion.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Vanguard Vets changed DRASTICALLY when SM got a new Codex, I would expect them to change the same way when we get one. They're good but expensive as all fuck now, but at least they can still assault out of Reserves. As well, 5 man RAS will die very easily. They're practically suicide units, specially without FnP from a nearby Priest.

What sort of models do you currently own that you want to use with this list? Also keep in mind that a new edition of the core rulebook is coming out in 12 days and one of the big changes is NOT having to use the FoC any more for your army list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts