Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This list was designed knowing Three things,

one: There is a high likely hood at any one point of having to face a swarm army (orks or one of two nids) secondly, I want to make VERY sure any tank I want dead is going to end up dead (Or battle suit for that matter) and thirdly we play with a lot of cover and i wanted to minimize the effect of that as much as I could, that and I like the ease of flamers. Place template and boil away!

Chapter tactics: as a proud Reasonable Marine I'm open to the chapter tactic on the situation. But generally with much of my anti infantry fire being provided by massed bolters, Imperial Fists would be my go to chapter tactics.

HQ
*Captain
**Storm bolter
**Power weapon (Halberd, ax or lance state before game stays same all game)
(Notes: this guys built for a command squad he does not have. all Storm bolters and lance built for heavy damage on a charge+shooting phase, as he lacks this though, he palls around with one of the tactical squads and helps out with his storm bolter)
Elites
*Deadnought
**Twin-linked Autocannons
**Assault cannon
(notes: light vehicle destruction and anti infantry support. Flexible.)
Troop

*Tactical squad A
**Full squad (+5 members)
**Flamer
**missile launcher
***Sargent
****Combi flamer
(notes:this squad is a objective seeker and contestant)

*Tactical squad B
**Flamer
**missile launcher
***Sargent
****Combi flamer
(notes:Same as squad A, find the enemy, destroy him)

*Tactical squad C
**Mult-melta
**Melta gun
***Sargent
****Combi Melta
(note: this squad is built to combat squad, anti infantry bolters go one way, Sargent and melta guns the other.)

*Scout squad A
**ten sniper rifles
**Missile launcher
(note: home field objective holders while still being able to 'help' with the battle)

Dedicated transports

*Two razor backs, no upgrades.
(Notes, There here for the twin linked heavy bolters and to try and protect the pred with more armored hulls for saturation.)

Fast attack

*Assault squad
***Sargent
****Power weapon
****Melta bombs
(notes: this is a counter unit. They stay behind my tacts and be ready to counter assault any unit that gets to my line, OR to go after a target weakened by bolter fire, OR, find just play charge the enemy, least one guy plays Tau, and i'm likely going to want to assault him at any rate.)

Heavy support
*Preditor
**Lascannons sponsons
(Notes: a tank. Goes and kills stuff in the open leaving the ones in cover for ALL my flamer guys)

*Devastators
**2 Mult-melta
**2 heavy bolters
(notes: these guys combat squad and the Mult-meltas go a different direction from the tactical melta unit to cover the board, the Heavy bolters sit in cover and pummel infantry. Sargent goes with the Meltas so they can use his Signum, which they will need with the single shot Ofenpanzerbüchse (Fire tank rifle)

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Looking through the list I see a lack of transportation options. You can basically move 12 of your 50 foot troops at a time. Addmitedly this may not be an issue as the scouts and devastators probably wont move in the game but its something you may want to consider, especially in objective games.

Are the missile launchers having flakk missiles? If they are then your lack of anti air is covered, if not then you need to find something reliable to take out helldrakes.

Having said this, I love the feel of the force. You have got over half a company in a 1500 point list! regarding chpater tactics, with the amount fo bolters on the table IF is certainly the way to go.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
May be wrong here. But in your Scout squad, you have 10 rifles and 1 ML. That would put your total at 11 weapons in a 10 man squad.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May be wrong here. But in your Scout squad, you have 10 rifles and 1 ML. That would put your total at 11 weapons in a 10 man squad.
ahh, ya that was a mistype.

in the time since I've put this list up, I've grown leery of the mult melta devs and have thought and strongly about using lascannons in there place, would that be a wise choice?

as for humakt, thanks for the positive voice of confidence, I did not notice the half company (Well, for a pure codex chapter anyway) until you pointed it out. AA is a bit weak, but I don't see many flyers at my club (Cept that one hive tyrant) So i'll take that weakness if only until i get to buying a AA tank.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
HQ
*Captain
**Storm bolter
**Power weapon (Halberd, ax or lance state before game stays same all game)
(Notes: this guys built for a command squad he does not have. all Storm bolters and lance built for heavy damage on a charge+shooting phase, as he lacks this though, he palls around with one of the tactical squads and helps out with his storm bolter)
Really weirdly built; he's not particularly scary in combat, has no unlocks/buffs, and cannot tank since he only has Power Armour, and therefore is slightly over 100pts of nothing.

Elites
*Deadnought
**Twin-linked Autocannons
**Assault cannon
(notes: light vehicle destruction and anti infantry support. Flexible.)
Again, weird loadout with weird range dysfunction. Take 2 Autocannons, you don't lose a lot of anti-infantry capacity but will do a lot better against vehicles.

*Tactical squad A
**Flamer
**missile launcher
***Sargent
****Combi flamer
(notes:this squad is a objective seeker and contestant)
Has a Flamer and Combi-Flamer, but will never get close enough to use them because it has no Rhino.

*Tactical squad B
**Flamer
**missile launcher
***Sargent
****Combi flamer
(notes:Same as squad A, find the enemy, destroy him)
Again, short ranged weapons on slow footsloggers, with no real flexibility - you'll kill Boyz and Gaunts, but as soon as someone in a transport shows up, you can't really do much except use Krak Grenades or smoke it with your Missile Launcher (which, as an anti-tank weapon, is pretty lamentable).

*Tactical squad C
**Mult-melta
**Melta gun
***Sargent
****Combi Melta
(note: this squad is built to combat squad, anti infantry bolters go one way, Sargent and melta guns the other.)
No Rhino, and therefore really bad because you will never ever use them to their capacity.

*Scout squad A
**ten sniper rifles
**Missile launcher
(note: home field objective holders while still being able to 'help' with the battle)
Just take Tacticals, man. They're a lot better for the tiny amount you pay.

*Two razor backs, no upgrades.
(Notes, There here for the twin linked heavy bolters and to try and protect the pred with more armored hulls for saturation.)
They essentially have no guns (2 TL Heavy Bolters is scary to understrength Guardsman units, and that's about it). I would highly recommend finding the points to make them PLasbacks, because then they're a threat, which makes the concept of armour saturation work.

*Assault squad
***Sargent
****Power weapon
****Melta bombs
(notes: this is a counter unit. They stay behind my tacts and be ready to counter assault any unit that gets to my line, OR to go after a target weakened by bolter fire, OR, find just play charge the enemy, least one guy plays Tau, and i'm likely going to want to assault him at any rate.)
Assault Marines are really poor. You can't even outfight Chaos Space Marines, which makes you a pretty poor excuse for an assault unit. I guess they do mop up Tau and units weakened by Bolter fire, but so do Tacticals, but Tacticals also shoot and score, so it's a moot point.

Heavy support
*Preditor
**Lascannons sponsons
(Notes: a tank. Goes and kills stuff in the open leaving the ones in cover for ALL my flamer guys)
Will get shot, very quickly, and die, but it's not the worst thing you could have included.

*Devastators
**2 Mult-melta
**2 heavy bolters
(notes: these guys combat squad and the Mult-meltas go a different direction from the tactical melta unit to cover the board, the Heavy bolters sit in cover and pummel infantry. Sargent goes with the Meltas so they can use his Signum, which they will need with the single shot Ofenpanzerbüchse (Fire tank rifle)
Heavy Bolters are just bad, and without a transport the Multi-Meltas will never get into position and are too fragile to be of much effect. Replace all the guns with either Lascannons or Missile Launchers.

I think I can see the beginnings of a good Kantor list;
Remove:
-Predator
-5 extra dudes in the Devastator Squad
-Assault Squad
-Tactical Squad C
-Dreadnought

Replace:
-Captain with Pedro Kantor
-Devastator weapons with Missile Launchers
-Tactical Squad Missiles with Multi-Meltas

Add:
-Rhinos for Tacticals
-Another 5-man Devastator Squad with Missile Launchers (missiles are bad anti-tank, but with Tank Hunters and en masse they can probably deal with most armour threats outside of a Necron Iron Curtain list).
-9 Sternguard with assorted Combi-Weapons in Rhino (Kantor goes here, and gives them and the two Tactical Squads his Chapter Banner bonus)
-If you can afford it, another 10-man unit of Sternguard in Rhino with Combis. If not, another Tactical Squad with Meltagun/Multi-Melta in Rhino.

That makes the Tacticals really rather dangerous (reroll 1's to hit and 2A each), proliferates your anti-tank and makes the most of the Imperial Fists Devastator tactics, and increases your mobility by a huge amount.

The list will still come apart when a Heldrake appears unless you can get lucky with Missiles (although you do have Tank Hunters, so even a couple of Missile hits becomes dangerous), but it's a lot better in my view.

Midnight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts