-Big shoota

Battle Wagon - 125
-Deffrolla
-Armour
-Big shoota

·
4,491 Posts
Not too bad for a half-mech army.
Only problem is that your 2 Battlewagons will be destroyed reasonably easily by enemy anti-tank, even with the KFF.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I don't really care if they survive or not as they are built to be turrets anyway. If they survive until the boyz arrive at the enemy lines their job is done

It isn't hyper competitive but I think it will work a treat in friendly games

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
2 KFF-protected wagons should survive a couple turns at least in 1500. AV 14 is nothing to sneeze at. Orks and typical marine armies that rely on missiles and melta won't even be much of a threat at long range.

If you throw your wagons only against one flank instead of the center, they should be able to tie up that portion of your opponent's army while the boyz advance. It's a pretty standard hammer and anvil tactic that works well for Orks in a hybrid fast/foot army.

I'd suggest giving it a few plays and see how well your battlewagons do, then modify from there.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I ran this list against guard and tau yesterday. It ran pretty well. The IG were basilisk heavy and took out the bolk of my army before it arrived. but the burnaz went unharassed until they hit his line hard. I don't think he will make that mistake again. I lost but it was a fun game.

I flogged the Tau. No real explanation needed, Ran the wagons down 1 flank as the boyz went for the other. Once his devilfish fell he didn't stand a chance

1 - 7 of 7 Posts