Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on an Alpha Legion army now the following is what i'm putting together.

HQ
Omegon (Lucius the Eternal's stat line)

Troops
CSM 10 Lascannon, Plasma Gun
-Rhino

CSM 10 Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun
-Rhino

Elites - All 3 squads start out flanking
Chosen 5 4xCombi-Melta 1xMissile Launcher
-Rhino
Chosen 5 4xpaired lightning claws 1xflamer MoS
-Rhino
-Rhino

Heavy Support - Deep striking
Obliterator Cult x3

1490pts total

I'm trying to setup with a squad that is able to react to the other side's plans and respond by attacking where they are weakest. I'd like to complement the army with some traitor guard using scout sentinals and prisoners to keep going with the idea that the army starts flanking instead of on the field.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd say loose the elites and add more troops or other heavy support, since most battles are objective matches. And also loose the heavy weapons and give a second special weapon and try to give the rhinos extra armor so they keep on the move if they get a crew stunned result.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I'm working on an Alpha Legion army now the following is what i'm putting together.

HQ
Omegon (Lucius the Eternal's stat line)

Troops
CSM 10 Lascannon, Plasma Gun
-Rhino
I suppose in theory this could work. I would stick with 2x Special Weapons though, so try 2x Plasma Guns

CSM 10 Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun
-Rhino
Same as above, but try something like 2x Meltaguns

Elites - All 3 squads start out flanking
Chosen 5 4xCombi-Melta 1xMissile Launcher
-Rhino
Use regular meltaguns. I believe the combi's are 15pts, and the melta's are 10pts. Cheaper, and you can fire every turn. Lose the ML as well
-Rhino
Not a bad idea, but terminators do this more effectively and they do it cheaper. I would lose both this squad, and the other squad to add some more troop choices in and some more heavy support
-Rhino

Heavy Support - Deep striking
Obliterator Cult x3
Fine
1490pts total

I'm trying to setup with a squad that is able to react to the other side's plans and respond by attacking where they are weakest. I'd like to complement the army with some traitor guard using scout sentinals and prisoners to keep going with the idea that the army starts flanking instead of on the field.
I would add some more Oblits, or Predators or what ever heavy support you have. I would also add a squad of Khorne Berzerkers for a bit of attacking CC punch.

IMO, Chaos arnt really an outflanking army. If this tactic is something you like, I would highly recommend trying Eldar. They have many competitive builds, outflanking being one of them. Check here for some more info

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dawnstar i believe you miss the point, this is an alpha legion army. themed to play alpha legion style, this invloves alot of outflanking and basic troops ie, no Terminators.

i have 1 key problem if you are trying to play pure aplha legion here and that is the obliterators. alpha legion generally stick completely away from any kind of mutations and etc which would mean no obliterators. other than that and the heavy weapons (which others have already mentioned) it looks like a good and fluffy list :victory:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts