Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to incorporate everything I've learned so far from posting lists here. This is an evolution of my 1000 point CSM list. I just couldn't get it feeling rounded at 1000. I play against mostly Dark Eldar, Orks and Space Wolves.

The two troop choices are really the focus here. The bikes are meant to protect them from any real assault threats, maybe with a counter-charge. The forge fiend and predator are meant to draw fire away from the rhinos while being able to cover the troops by firing a torrent of 36" fire over the troops' 24" range. I'm hoping the havocs look like a low priority target compared to the rest of my army, otherwise I may find myself running backwards to man the quad-gun vs flyers.

Chaos Lord - 125
Mark of Nurgle, bike, lightning claw, power fist, blight grenades

Chaos Bikes x 5 - 180
Mark of Nurgle, 2 melta guns, power lance, melta bombs

Chaos Space Marines x 10 - 312
Mark of Slaanesh, +ccw, 2 plasma guns, icon of excess,
lightning claw, melta bombs, Rhino w/ dirge caster, havoc launcher

Plague Marines x 10 - 347
2 plasma guns, power fist, Rhino w/ dozer blade, havoc launcher

Havocs x 8 - 154
4 autocannons

Aegis Defense Line - 100
Quad-Gun

Predator - 107
Autocannon, 2 heavy bolters, havoc launcher

Forge Fiend - 175

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Hmm. Looks pretty good, though one glaring issue comes to mind: the fact that you only have 2 guaranteed scoring units. I'd squeeze 50 points out of the list somehow for some cultists to stay in reserve then slink in behind your ADL and claim your home objective for you.

How would you manage that? I dunno if you need the full-sized squad of Plague Marines, for one, and could perhaps afford to drop one or two. Perhaps a havoc launcher somewhere could be squeezed off. The Slaaneshi CSM will want to be able to charge, so are expensive plasma guns the best choice on them? If need be, you could drop a single Havoc, too. Downgrade the quad gun to an Icarus? I'm sure you can find something that works--and I'm sure that unit of cultists will give you more utility and objective-claiming power than you would have otherwise.

All in all, a Heldrake with a baleflamer might do more damage than the Forgefiend thanks to the latter's mere BS3, though the Forgefiend does have the minor advantages of being on the table from T1 (and so being a distraction for the enemy shooting from the 3 assault units) and providing a bit more AT fire (or AA in a pinch). Still, I feel slightly uncomfortable fielding a Dakkafiend without a Tzherald allied in to throw Prescience.

I'd try to get a dirge caster on the other Rhino, too. If you lose the first Rhino, you still want to be able to support your bikers or the Slaaneshi CSM squad as it assaults.

Still, these are all very minor, cosmetic tweaks. The core of the list is strong, and I like it. At 1500 points, you should be able to give your opponent a run for their money with this.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I'd kill two birds by adding an allied tzeench herald and horrors. This gets me a backfield troop choice while still keeping the big "shoot me" sign away from the rhinos.

Chaos Lord - 125
Mark of Nurgle, bike, lightning claw, power fist, blight grenades

Chaos Bikes x 5 - 180
Mark of Nurgle, 2 melta guns, power lance, melta bombs

Chaos Space Marines x 10 - 279
Mark of Slaanesh, +9 ccw, 2 flamers, icon of excess,
lightning claw, melta bombs, Rhino w/ dirge caster

Plague Marines x 8 - 287
2 plasma guns, power fist, Rhino w/ dirge caster

Havocs x 5 - 115
4 autocannons

Aegis Defense Line - 85