2x Oblit - 150
Landraider and Termis - 445
5x Termis with icon of Slaanesh 2x Combi-flamers
5x Lightning Claws
8 Zerkers in rhino - 203
7 Plague Marines in rhino -226
5 Chosen with 5x flamers in rhino - 150
DP for cc.
Defiler for long range anti-swarm and possible anti-armor.
Oblits for anti-armor but can do a little with anti-swarm.
Landraider is mostly for hiding behind but with the Lascannons can take out armor.
Termis cc with the flamers for some deadly for assault can also take out and hq and his swarm with zerkers or dp backing them up.
Zerkers will be main cc but with all there attacks and high Int they can easily take out a swarm unit.
Plague Marines will be for objective taking and holding.
Chosen will be my main anti-swarm.

I am still new to 5ed. I want some solid criticism. Pick this army apart. If there are any flaws I want to know of them before I try this in a tournament. I would also love any experience anyone may have with playing units like this. Does each unit do what I am expecting it to do or can it do something better. This is pretty well rounded but I want it to be hardcore CC. CSM seems to be amazing and getting in your face so that is the main part of my army.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Daemon Prince - Mark or Tz, Wings, Warptime 175

Might as well take a second power for MoT. Not a must, but I would.

Defiler 4xccw - 150

You have this guy decked out as good as you can but hes still not a great choice. You will find people target big things walking towards them, and due to AC12, he will go down quickly.

2x Oblit - 150

Great!

5x Lightning Claws

I don't find Termies competitive, especially when taken in a LR. This is a 445 point unit...almost one third of your army!

8 Zerkers in rhino - 203

Great, but could use a Skull Champ.

7 Plague Marines in rhino -226

Give these guys either meltas or plasmas, and consider a Pfist Champ

I'm assuming you will be outflanking. Should do their job well :)

DP for cc.
Defiler for long range anti-swarm and possible anti-armor.
Oblits for anti-armor but can do a little with anti-swarm.
Landraider is mostly for hiding behind but with the Lascannons can take out armor.
Termis cc with the flamers for some deadly for assault can also take out and hq and his swarm with zerkers or dp backing them up.
Zerkers will be main cc but with all there attacks and high Int they can easily take out a swarm unit.
Plague Marines will be for objective taking and holding.
Chosen will be my main anti-swarm.

I am still new to 5ed. I want some solid criticism. Pick this army apart. If there are any flaws I want to know of them before I try this in a tournament. I would also love any experience anyone may have with playing units like this. Does each unit do what I am expecting it to do or can it do something better. This is pretty well rounded but I want it to be hardcore CC. CSM seems to be amazing and getting in your face so that is the main part of my army.
Good looking list with lots of variation. Good luck with it! =)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, the Plague Marine Unit did have 2 plasma guns with them sorry forgot to add that in my notes

Daemon Prince - Mark or Tz, Wings, Warptime 175
Defiler 4xccw - 150
2x Oblit - 150
5x Lightning Claws
8 Zerkers in rhino - 203
7 Plague Marines 2x with plasma guns in rhino -226

·
Registered
131 Posts
generally very good but i agree that the termies are a massive points sink.
The defilers are always first to go down but this is offset slightly if you have the LR as well, or with points from dropping termies maybe add a second one!
maybe worth giving the zerkers EA on their transport or removing it all together and giving them the land raider! (give it possession too!!!)
otherwise it looks good!

·
Registered
941 Posts
looks ALOT like a 1500 pt list I play, I like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts