-3 x TLR

HS

3 x Killa Kan - 150
-3 x rokkits

3 x Killa Kan - 135
-3 x Grotzooka

3 x Killa Kan - 135
-3 x Grotzooka

1501 Points (I hate going over but I will make an exception this time)

Concept for this list was I would start at the back of the codex and work my way up... it is weird to make orks with no elites.

Sorry if anyone is getting annoyed at my constant list posting. I like making lists, especially unique and fun lists. If you have a request, send me a PM and I will knock something up.

Also, please comment on the Kommandos list I built, I am very curious as to how it could be made better. If it is any good I may run it in a few games.

·
4,491 Posts
I would drop the Kanz and one of the Big Meks for Battlewagons, then drop the Trukks to add in more Boyz.
Some Lootas would be good too.

Regarding the lack of Elites, a list without Nobz isnt that bad.
Personally im not really a fan of Nobz. Yes they are good, but they are expensive as hell, and more Nobz means a LOT less Boyz.
I never run squads of Nobz, and i very rarely lose. Used them once, and lost because i didnt have enough bodies.
But some Lootas would be very helpful for your list.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I totally agree with you KoC,

I am an avid hater of Nob squads. Lootaz have their place, kommandos and burnaz are a sometimes food... I however put as many boys in a list as I can, them build around that.

I am the same, I rarely lose with my actual competitive list. Which is another reason I am building these ones... variety. Notice I still haven't used nob squads, it's cause they suck.

·
4,491 Posts
Nob squads dont suck.
They are EXTREMELY killy.
Its just that in lower point games they are hard to fit in and still run lots of Boyz.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think this will be a point where we will disagree. There is a really long post summing up why I hate nobs but I don't think anyone would read it.

But here it is anyway

It's difficult for me to just come out and say 'Nobz aren't worth it' without it seeming like the first shot in an endless war, so I have to clarify the statement with a few additional provisions:

1. We're only talking about regular Nobz here, not Meganobz or Biker Nobz.

2. It's not that Nobz can't be effective. They just can't be COST effective.

3. All these statements are being made after an abundant amount of playtesting, and not simply after math-hammering.

Yes, I've been playing groups of Nobz since the release of the new codex, and I've never been impressed with them. I will gladly sing the praises of meganobz and biker nobz, but the regular nobz have brought me nothing besides heartbreak.

In order for any unit to truly be 'worth it', they must be able to do something that cheaper units in the army can't do just as well.

Meganobz have no real equivalent, and not only provide a great source for powerklaws, combi-scorchas and dedicated battlewagons, but also work well as a retinue for independent characters, especially if said character has a bosspole (the lack of a bosspole and waaaaaugh banner option are the meganobz's only true weaknesses, otherwise I'd use nothing else). Of course, just like normal Nobz, using them without a transport will only lead to disaster.

Biker Nobz have to be compared to regular warbikers, and despite costing twice as much, the biker nobz hold up quite well. A regular biker nob (with waaaaugh banner, and a MEQ opponent) gets 5 attacks on the charge, resulting in 3.33 hits and 2.22 wounds. Regular warbikers get 4 attacks, resulting in 2 hits, and 1 wound. Biker Nobz are already a better bargain, and can also take multiple powerklaws, painboyz, cybork bodies, combi-scorchas, and waaaaaugh banners to boot. Warbikers still have their niche as a solid shooty/support unit, but for close combat, you want the biker nobz.

For regular nobz, the math works out exactly the same. A single nob gets 2.22 wounds (using the above scenario), while slugga boyz only get 1.

So what's the problem? A Nob with cybork or 'eavy armor (they're too vulnerable without armor) costs over 4 times as much as a normal slugga boy. 4 slugga boyz get 16 attacks on the charge, 8 hits, and 4 wounds. The regular slugga boyz inflicted twice as many wounds as the Nob, making regular Nobz far less cost effective than the biker variety.

Nobz simply don't have a niche in the Ork army. No matter what your reason is for using them, you'd be better off with something else, either meganobz, biker nobz, or regular slugga boyz.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I thought this was a pretty decent Ork list until I got down to Killa Kanz - why? Your Trukks will be going 12" - 18" and same with the Warbuggies which will leave the Kanz behind and moving slowly. I would drop them and replace with Lootas for long range fire power, oh, only upgrade Trukks really need are boarding planks so you can smack vehicles without getting out ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts