Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we have a teams comp coming up (4 players, captains choose who each army meets).
so i'm building the anchor list so to speak it doesn't need to be the winning list in the group just needs to be consistant and i've found my 1KSons are a very durable army with all the invul saves so my list will be used on any sparsely terained map. Or try to take the cover away from people that need it. this is what i'm looking at taking.

HQ
Sorcerer lvl 3 psycher
terminator armour
SoC
MoT
Spell Familiar
combi melta

Elites
5x terminators
MoT
1x CF
2x PF
Reaper Autocannon

Troops
Thousand Sons
8x Rubric Marines
Aspiring Sorcerer w Meltabombs
IoF

Thousand Sons
8x Rubric Marines
IoF

Thousand Sons
8x Rubric Marines
IoF

Heavy Support
ForgeFiend
Hades Autocannons

ForgeFiend
Ectoplasma Cannons

i was going to swap one of the forgefiends for a Baledrake but the game is played to a 2.5 hours so the time bit worried me having it sit in reserve and it doesn't get in at turn 2 then it might not make it where as the forgefiend will be there from the start.

also thought about going with 2 predators (1 with las sponsons and one with heavy bolter sponsons) and 3 rhinos instead of the 2 forgefiends but having 7 guys in each rhinos that can't fire seems wasted to me. although i could get them around the board quicker and let's face it assault is the last thing on my mind so still not quite sure about this one.

any thoughts or ideas that you may think might impove the list then feel free to chime in.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I would drop the Icons off your Rubrics, as they're really not worth any points. I'd also possibly consider switching your sorcerer for Ahriman, so that you can take his auto Warlord trait, which will give you a chance to infiltrate possibly all three squads of Rubrics. If not, well, you can at least try to reroll to get that trait.

If you want to stick with the Terminator Sorcerer, maybe use the Crimson Slaughter supplement to take the Balestar of Manaan. You get Divination, and get the reroll for failed tests. Unless you really think you'll be Denying a lot.

I'd probably say Baledrake anyway.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought about Ahriman and dropping the icons but that puts me over by 14 points and i can't see where i can take them from. the only thing i could see to drop would be the MeltaBombs off of the aspiring champions. i could do this as i'm hoping not to get into CC.

i'm looking at the comparison of the fully kitted terminator sorcerer v Ahriman. i love Ahriman and always play him at 1850 along with the terminator sorcerer.

Ahriman
Pro's - extra wound, BS5, A and Init the extra mastery level (so 3 sfter the forced tzeentch), the black staff being able to re-cast a witchfire spell, VotLW, AP3 bolt pistol
Con's - 3+/4++, expensive an extra 35pnts, T4 no eternal warrior(although he is probably the oldest chaos/space marine still alive), Staff AP4

Terminator Sorcerer
Pro's - 2+/3++ alot harder to deal a wound to, can take a force sword/axe AP3/AP2, can take a combi melta, an artifact, spell familiar and frees up 35pnts
Con's - 2 wounds, BS4, max ML3, no VotLW, T4, forced to take one from tzeentch so (ML 2 effectively)

hmm food for thought.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts