Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just starting out Warmachine with a couple of buddys, and we'll be playing at 15 points for a while, so without further ado, my first 15 point cryx list with prime Denny

Warcaster
Warwitch Denegrah
+5pts

Deathripper
4pts

Deathripper
4pts

Deathjack
12pts

Total: 20 (15+5)

it's going to be played against the following list to start with

Warcaster
pNemo
+6pts

Charger
4pts

Sentinel
4pts

Thunderhead
12pts

Total 20 (15+6)

Any tips/thoughts?

·
Has Dain Brammage
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Warcasters add points to the pool to be spent on 'jacks (and only 'jacks), some casters add in more points than others, such as pDenny giving 5 and pNemo giving 6, so you can essentially get a light jack (or bonejack) for free

·
Registered
802 Posts
id say its fairly even list. that charger will tear apart your light jacks with shooting so try to keep them in cover/concealment as you move up. The sentinel can use its strafe action to hit denegra if she is close to another model regardless of stealh so watch out for that. If nemo gets anywhere near your deathjack you can ghostwalk him in even if nemo is covered. Use your arcnodes and watch out for distuprtion. pNemo is a strong warcaster, your gonna have your hands full. Your playing strictly castr kill?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cryxians believe everything is expendable so be prepared to sacrifice an arc node to get sometghing else through. The charger can wreck a bonejack with two good rolls also Nemo's feat is hell for your jacks. I would advise a crippling grasp on the T-Head as soon as you can. Consider going second as well if you get the option that way he will be advancing toward and you can run 14 on a deathripper and apply crippling grasp. I wouldn't go toe-to-toe with the thunderhead either. With or without CG try to slam him out of nemo's control area and then get the CG to keep him out of the fight. He will disrupt anyjack that hits him or that he hits. You are going to have to control this fight with smart use of Scourge as well. Also remember that when Dirty-D uses her feat and reduces Nemos FOC stat not only will he receive fewer FOC but his control area also shrinks. Work this to your benefit. Most people use Deneghra to "pop-n-drop" and its an awesome tactic, but Nemo is so fragile that you can kill him easily without your feat or even a debuff spell like CG or parasite. Attrition is not something cryx does well but frankly he out jacks you in this battle so don't be afraid to use your feat early to turn the battle in your favor I'm sure he will be doing the same

1 - 5 of 5 Posts