Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my friends decided to have a casual....MASSIVE apocalypse battle for giggles. with 6 players 3 per side the forces are as follows

"good" - all around forces of the imperium

"evil" - Emperor's children, Slaanesh demons, World eaters, Khorne demons, and tau (silly tau they just want to belong...)

The teams split to discuss strategy, strategic assets and set up time. The forces of evil bid 6 minutes to the forces of goods 10, so we (myself and the khorne and tau player) set up first. because the tau player didn't show up when everything was getting set up, we made him take all his points into strategic reserve.

After everything was all set up and the sides were drawn, The forces of good reveal their network of tunnels asset (or whatever the hell its called) and the vital objective asset (the games is for 6 objectives 2 per side and 2 in no mands land)

"evil" turn 1

The evil players start their turn, the chaos gods smile upon us and favour our roll for demons, 3 squads of demonettes hit the feild aswell as a bloodthirster. everything expect for a few fire support squads and vehicles rush forward. In the shooting phase lascannons gallore open up, nothing is destroyed, 1 land raider of 3 is immodalized, 1 lemen russ of 4 is shaken, one dread of 2 (on the board) is immobalized. both defilers fire but to no avail, khorne beserkers rush towards a line of vindicators and a few scouts. Noise marines open fire on the only squad in range and kill 5 conscripts and another squad takes out 3 marines. The assault phase dosn't bring much action, 2 demon princes make it into the fray khorne takes on the conscripts, and slaanesh takes on a tactical squad. both go unwounded and both enemy squads pass their leadership tests. and thus ends turn one for chaos (+tau who must be in the bathroom or something)

"good" turn 1

At the beginning of their turn, we reveal the blind barrage strategic asset it almost completely blocks their tank line, all the fire support and half of the tabble for the baneblade. only 4 vidicators, 3 lemen russes, and a bassalisk can shoot. the enemy for the most part only moved a few token models. the shooting phase comences, one rhino gets blown up and 6 bezerkers die. in the assault phase the khorne demon prince falls to the conscript squad after taking only 2 more with him (I expected better of khorne [and the person whos playing him])

and so ends the first turn, I will post more as the battle progresses over the next couple days (as well as pictures when i figure out how). Til the please comment and critique where you see fit!

·
Registered
941 Posts
can't wait to hear more!:victory:

·
Registered
164 Posts
ooh, pics would be good :D, this could be a god battle report.
Any chance we could get a short description of the army lists :D

·
Registered
644 Posts
For hosting pictures, just use Imageshack. You don't have to sign up for anything.

Other than that, a nice beginning for the Ruinous Powers (and the silly Tau). I hope the Dark Gods (and the Greater Good) smile upon this battle! Burn the Imperium!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you for your comments, pictures will be put up when i can nag my friend into uploading them to his computer. videos and descriptions of the battle can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOmnissiah (although from a very....imperium-e view)

As for lists I can give you some rough ones for our side for now (imperium hopefully within the next update or two) dunno all the named models and what not [or what the tau player's list entails]

If at any time you see any mistake in how we're playing (reserves and what not) please point it out (be gentle) cause otherwise we might not catch on for a while.

Slaanesh (demons and marines) (Me) :

Formations: Emperor's children warband

HQ:Zarakynel
Winged lash prince
Lord on bike with demon weapon
Sorceror with lash and doom siren
Lucius (in reserve)
Abbadon (reserves)
Keeper of secrets

Elites: 5x terminator squad LC and Champ (In Raider)
5x terminator squad with reaper and champ (reserves)
Dread with PC and HF (reserves)
Dread with HB and HF (reserves)

Troops: (2)10x Noise marine 5 SB, BM, DS, PW
10x Noise marine 5 SB, DS, PF
10x Noise marines 4 SB, DS, PF
10x marines Champ, Melta, PF (in rhino)
10x marines Champ, PG, PW, LC (in rhino)
10x marines Champ, AC, PW, PP, PG (in rhino)
10x marines Champ, ML, PF, PP
(3)10x demonettes all with chaos icon things
3x Rhinos

Fast attack: 6x Bikers, champ, pw, 2x melta (supporting the lord)
5x Seekers (reserves)

Heavy Support: Defiler, RAC, HL
Land Raider
3x Obliterators (reserves)

Supper Heavy & flyer: 2x Subjugator (reserves)
1x Hell claw (reserves)

just over 7k points controlled by me

Khorne (demons and marines)

Formations: Maelstorm of gore

HQ: Kharne
2x demon princes MoK, Wings
Lord on juggernaut, Demon weapon
Blood thirster

Elites: 5x terminators (no idea what they have) (in raider)

Troops: (3) 11x Bezerkers, Champs and PW
(2) 20x marines Champs and PW (1/2 in reserve)
(3) 13x Bloodletters (reserves)

Heavy support: 2x Obliterators
3x full las preds (with HL)
Defiler RAC, HL
Land Raider

Super heavy: Brass Scorpian

5k+ points? i have no idea...some things may be missing or equipment unacounted (feel free to go nuts tearing apart his list)

otherwise, thats all for now, stay tuned for the next update folks!

Also please not some awesome models have been mentioned! however most if not all the super heavies and the like have been proxied (we're pretty casual with that kinda stuff)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aww :( What seemed like a really interesting match for me got totally blown out the window with your mention of the superheavies being proxied.

I'll check in and read the updates, but shame on you sir! I hope you haven't fielded unpainted models atleast, and that the proxied models aren't toasters and the like.

Otherwise, thumbs up for trying to write a report on a large apoc game. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Erinyi, as i've said we're a casual group, and a young one aswell. I must further dissapoint you in saying that no, many of the models are not painted, some of the players are new to the game so they have an excuse, where as me, i've changed paint schemes a number of times and just have a generally difficult time staying focused enough to paint more than one model at a time. but if you're playing with friends I don't think it matters if your models are unpainted or even represented by sticky notes, Warhammer is a game and therefore something to be enjoyed by people of all skill levels and levels of dedication.

Anywho, lets begin with turn two shall we?

"evil" turn two

Once again the tau player is unprepared so only chaos reserves make the table. At this point we reveal our second of 3 strategic assets, Flank march. More demons are summoned (next to the demonettes so as not to skatter) the three squads of bloodletters make the feild as well as the seekers and keeper of secrets. the keeper however does not follow other demons he/she/it leads! it deep strikes deep behind the imperial lines and sets its eyes on the imperial firing support (heavy bolter teams, mortars, and devestators). A pair of dreads enters play dirrectly behind the enemy baneblade, upon rolling to see if they have a case of the crazies, one dread is fine whilst the other enters blood rage and sets its eyes even more so on the baneblade i suppose. another 20 man squad enters play also from the enemies table edge and 3 obliterators follow suit. The 20 man squad eyes an objective inside some ruins while the obliterators decide to lessen the number of vindicators on the feild. lucius, 2 obliterators, and a 5 man terminator squad all enter from the left side of the board aswell. one major point of interest this turn, a champion from the 20 man squad runs off screaming before bursting in a shower of blood, leaving Zarakynel eyeing up the enemy troops. In the movement phase everyone rushes forward again, except for a few predators. A terminator squad disembarks for one land raider and stares down commisar yarrik and the squad he is assisting. The shooting phase once again brings very few casualties, one of the lemen russ gets metled to scrap, a defiler shot misses the intended bassalisk but takes out some snipers, the other defiler takes out a few heavy bolter platforms. the predators all open fire once more but to little affect (one heavy weapons biker, and a stunned lemen russ) the 3 obliterators in the back manage to stun, and destroy the demolisher cannon on a vindicator the two on the left immobalize and destroy the lazer turret on the chimera. the squad of terminators on the left shoot some conscripts. and the Lightning claw terminators give yarrik and his squad the buisness end of a heavy flamer. so ends the shooting phase. in the assault phase the terminators and lucius both annihalate the squads of imperial gaurd they eyed down, some demonettes tried to take on the massive conscripts squad but were enveloped into it after inflicting a handful of casualties, the other 2 demonette squads fare much better, one all but wipes out a techmarine and his body guards, and another goes toe to toe with a dreadnaught, they don't damage it but only two are lost. my biker lord and his retinue charge a squad of marines with a captain and vet? the roll for his demon weapon causes the lord a wound and combat goes down hill from there for them. the Lightning claw terminators destroy yarrik and his squad. one of the demon princes of khorne (the not dead one) attacks a vindicator and stuns it aswell, and the bezerkers take out some scouts. finally Zarakynel completely owns some dude from the dark angels on a jet bike. and the now 19 man squad slaughters a 10 man tactical squad.

"good" turn 2

At the beginning of the good turn, a roll is made to see if yarrik shall once again walk the earth (yarrik is a zombie!) and he fails (this prompts slander from the chaos side such as stay down, death to the false emperor and what not). A techmarine repairs the imobalized land raider (which also prompts some shaking fists from the "evil" side). the forces of the imperium bring in some of their considerable reserves aswell, a thunderhawk gun ship hovers in carrying two rhinos both with full honour gaurd inside. and a dread naught with homing becon deep strikes behind my noise marines in front of our ruins, another pod follows and 10 shooty terminators come to say hello (librarian included). an imperial gaurd command squad disembarks from the imobalized chimera, and a special weapons team from a random rhino in the middle of the board. finally ten more close combat-e terminators disembark from the land raider crusader right in front of my other noise marine squad. The shooting phase brings them not much luck either, however they do insta kill the mounted khorne lord, and zarakynel obsorbs an impressive amount of gunfire, but in the end she is sent back to the warp from wence she came. the bloodletters in front of the still large conscripts squad are shot quite a bit and a few fall, my noise marines are all but destroyed with two squads of two and one of 8 left. a librarian tries to use hell fire on the 19 man squad but rolls a 3 for strength, so they felt a warm breeze but not much else. combat is nothing special this round, the demonettes finish what they started with the tech marine, the other squad destroys the dreadnaughts close combat arm and stuns it, and my noise marine squad faught valiantly but were reduced to a fine red mist by their terminator attackers.

Thats all for now, stay tuned for turn 3!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, unfortunatly the battle had to be called at the second turn, due to issues with space and a few of the players having trouble making time to finish the game. However, it was decided that due to the number of reserves the evil still had, the fact that we controlled 4 objective already, and still had the corrupt and despoil strategic asset, that chaos (and tua) won overall.

sorry to dissapoint everyone, the next battle however will be seen through to the end.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Proxied generally refers to a model being 'Used as'

For instant using a model tank from 'Model tank weekly' as a temporary baneblade.

·
Registered
603 Posts
*sigh*

first thing I see in the video- Lego Republic Gunship being used as a Stormraven.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts