Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bow chicka bow wow! 3 way! Exactly as it sounds. Death Guard vs Ultramarines vs Tau Empire.:wild:

I've just thrown this list together with a bit of thought of what I will be up against.

This game will probably commence after Christmas (so Tau will probably have a riptide and Ultramarines may have 2 storm talons) Anyway, here's how my list looks.

HQ:

Lord Eliphas the Inheritor - MoN, SoC, Power Sword and a Plasma Pistol - 135. (I know, plasma pistols suck but it seems to have done a good job for me so far)

Ul'kair Daemon Lord of Barbarus - Daemon of Nurgle, Wings, Power Armour, Black Mace - 265.

Troops:

10x Plague Marines, 2x Plasma Guns - 270, in Rhino with havoc launcher - 47.

10x Plague Marines, 2x Plasma Guns - 270, in Rhino with havoc launcher - 47

19x Cultists - 96.

Fast:

Helldrake w/ Hades A/C - 170

Heavy:

Vindicator w/ combi-bolter - 125

Predator - 75

totaling 1500 on the dot.

Drop Eliphas in the Cultists blob and move them cautiously towards the Tau. It will be Eliphas' job to get into CC and wreck some guys days slowly and methodically while the Plague marines move towards the marines shooting havoc launchers to weaken them before arriving. The predator can provide heavy support for the Rhinos and the vindocator can provide support for the Lord. Helldrakes job will be to fly on and shoot down enemy fliers and the daemon prince will be flying around aura of dooming things that are threatening. Thoughts and comments always welcome!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
An Aegis wall would suit you better than a vanilla Pred - giving you cover for your cultists as they advance and potentially your tanks as well. That many 4+ saves will pay off more than 2 autocannon shots per turn I think.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An Aegis wall would suit you better than a vanilla Pred - giving you cover for your cultists as they advance and potentially your tanks as well. That many 4+ saves will pay off more than 2 autocannon shots per turn I think.
I would have to agree with you but I don't have an ADL yet. One of the first buys into the new year (maybe April or May).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts