Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my Night Lords CSM army back in 1996. I happened upon issue 199 of White Dwarf, the one with Abbaddon the Despoiler on the cover. It heralded the release of the new Chaos Codex with a host of new models, and I was hooked. 14 years later - and after a break of 7 years - I'm back in the game and close to getting 1,500 of my 3,000 point Night Lord army painted. My collection includes everything from old Rogue Trader CSM to the newer plastic kits.​

As I am now on my fourth Chaos Codex version, my army has been rearranged a number of times. The following (2,740 point) army list includes every single one of my models.​

HQ = Chaos Lord, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon - 120
HQ = Chaos Sorcerer, Wings, Warptime, Plasma Pistol - 160​

ELITES = 10 Possessed CSM, Rhino Transport - 295​

TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, Asp Champ with Power Weapon, Icon of Chaos Glory, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xFlamer, Rhino Transport - 245
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Bolt Pistols & CCW, Asp Champ with Power Fist, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xMeltagun, Rhino Transport - 250
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Bolt Pistols & CCW, Asp Champ with Power Weapon, 2xPlasma Pistols - 185
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, Asp Champ with Power Fist, 1xMeltagun, 1xFlamer - 205
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xFlamer - 205
TROOPS = 10 Khorne Berzerkers - 210

FAST ATTACK = 9 Chaos Raptors, Asp Champ with Plasma Pistol & Power Fist, 1xPlasma Pistol, 1x Meltagun - 260

HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xMissile Launchers, 2xLascannons - 260
HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xHeavy Bolters, 2xAutocannon - 220
HEAVY SUPPORT = Chaos Predator, Turrent Lascannon upgrade, Twin Lacannon side sponson upgrade - 165​

I am now trying to narrow this down to 1,500 points and have the following:​

TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, Asp Champ with Power Weapon, Icon of Chaos Glory, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xFlamer, Rhino Transport - 245
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Bolt Pistols & CCW, Asp Champ with Power Fist, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xMeltagun, Rhino Transport - 250

FAST ATTACK = 9 Chaos Raptors, Asp Champ with Plasma Pistol & Power Fist, 1xPlasma Pistol, 1x Meltagun - 260

HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xMissile Launchers, 2xLascannons, Rhino Transport - 295
HEAVY SUPPORT = Chaos Predator, Turrent Lascannon upgrade, Twin Lacannon side sponson upgrade - 165​

So my question is, how do you rate the above 1,500 point list? What would you add to my army to improve it? The new Daemon Prince plastic model looks very nice, so I think I may "demote" my Lord to aspiring champion to make room!​

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
HQ = Chaos Lord, Plasma Pistol, Power Weapon - 120 cheap, is ok
do you want your sorcerer to be in CC? otherwise id suggest changing it to doombolt or something else
ELITES = 10 Possessed CSM, Rhino Transport - 295​
good, not a high profile unit anymore so its a good "what the **** just hit me?" unit if it hits
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Bolt Pistols & CCW, Asp Champ with Power Weapon, 2xPlasma Pistols - 185
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, Asp Champ with Power Fist, 1xMeltagun, 1xFlamer - 205
TROOPS = 10 CSM, Boltguns, 1xPlasma Gun, 1xFlamer - 205
TROOPS = 10 Khorne Berzerkers - 210
ok knowing you have ALL the chaos codices you know that CSMs get boltguns / pistols & CCWs...these guys are all cool more rhinos = better imo
ugh raptors, they really are a hit or miss unit...
HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xMissile Launchers, 2xLascannons - 260
HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xHeavy Bolters, 2xAutocannon - 220
interesting heavy options...no delifers / oblits... the las pred is overrated in my gaming...the auto / las pred is just as effective & it gets a 4th shot...

I am now trying to narrow this down to 1,500 points and have the following:​

HEAVY SUPPORT = 10 CSM Havocs, Boltguns, 2xMissile Launchers, 2xLascannons, Rhino Transport - 295

So my question is, how do you rate the above 1,500 point list? What would you add to my army to improve it? The new Daemon Prince plastic model looks very nice, so I think I may "demote" my Lord to aspiring champion to make room!​
id drop the raptors & maybe the pred...take more troops (atm zerkers look like a good addition...although this means that your gonna be more of a typical "rhino rush" army...not a fluffy choice though

in regards to the plast DP kit...its nice...not as interchangeable as i wanted it to be but its still a great model...it depends on how fluffy you want your army to be...IMO there is very little demonic "champions" within the legion so id say 'no' for using it in games under 2k (too small a force for the DP to physically lead - fluff reason)

but buy the model man...your gonna use it more often than not

1 - 2 of 2 Posts